Sunday 5 June 2011

Camera Accessories - camera cases, camera accessories


Perfect size for my Canon Canon PowerShot SD950IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 3.7x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Titanium). Very compact case, but enough room for a spare battery and extra memory. Well-made. Great quality. Will provide ample protection for my camera. Also well sized for Canon PowerShot SD850 IS 8.0 MP Digital Elph Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. Lowepro Ridge 10 Camera Case (Black)

I got this bag for my Canon Powershot SD850IS. It's a perfect fit. The interior is nicely padded - soft and nice. It won't scratch the LCD and the camera body.



Pro:

- Perfect fit

- Nice and soft padding - won't scratch LCD and camera body

- Waterproof

- Have enough space to put additional memory card and battery (if needed)

- Compact

- Good price



Con:

- Belt Loop is closed - It's better if the belt loop can be opened.

This is a very nice small thin camera bag for certain digital cameras. It has a shoulder strap (a necessity) and a pocket for an extra card and/or batteries. It is in constant use because it works. It zips shut, but has easy access to camera quickly. It is great.

This case is excellent. I bought it for my mom for Christmas. She also has the Canon SD600. The case fits the camera perfectly and includes an extra pocket in the front perfect for an extra memory card or battery. The design is nice also.

I bought this for a replacement Canon SD750 when my SD450 was dropped. I looked at several different styles and brands, including the Canon leather case. This far exceeds them all.



With my SD450, I had the Canon leather case which was nice and kept the camera safe for a year in Iraq. But, the Ridge 10 has more padding, a more sturdy closure with velcro, a seperate slot for an extra battery (which I use thanks to the busted SD450) and another zippered enclosure just the right size for an SD Card (I keep two in mine). Additionally, the belt loops are easier to get on and off the belt whereas the Canons was a very tight fit, the the Ridge 10 also comes with a detachable strap. Excellent buy for this size camera- I couldn't recommend it any higher. Oh, it also looks good (I have the black) and the zippers are nicely embroidered with orange stitching making it easier to find the tabs, especially in the dark. Good workmanship as well.

I bought this case for the Nikon Coolpix L14 that I gave my seven year old granddaughter for Christmas. It's absolutely perfect both for the camera and for her. It's large enough to hold the camera, extra batteries, and an extra memory card. It has both an adjustable neck strap and a belt loop. The padding is plenty adequate to protect the camera.



I chose this particular case because I own two other Lowepro bags, one for my Canon 30D and at least three lenses (depending on the size) and one smaller for my video camera. The quality is excellent and the bags sufficiently protect my gear.



I must add that I find it amusing that some people blame the bag when their camera doesn't fit and then give the bag a one star rating! Get a measuring device and a clue!

A very high quality bag but a bit of a tight squeeze for my Panasonic Lumix FH-20 (but it **does** fit). If you have the same camera I'd recommend the next larger size bag: the Ridge-30. But if you have an ultra compact the Ridge-10 is a great choice. The main compartment is well-padded and is lined with a soft, velour-like material that won't scratch your LCD screen. It closes with a single wrap-around zip. The extra storage is exactly what you need: a gusseted pocket for a spare battery (the flat OEM types fit great but AA's might not fit too well, though) and the velcro-closed flap has a zip compartment that's perfect for extra memory cards. An adjustable neck-strap (which clips on) and a sewn-in belt-loop complete the package. I do wish the belt-loop closed with velcro or a snap, though -- I don't want to have to take my belt off to put the thing on but that's a minor quibble. I'll probably use the neck strap which adjusts long enough to wear cross-wise over one shoulder and rest on the hip (my wife taught me that!)



It's almost as if it was designed by someone who actually does walk around with a camera. - Camera Bag - Camera Cases - Compact - Camera Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information