Monday 13 June 2011

Car Accessories - car power, car accessories


This isn't a very complicated device so this review will be brief.



It effectively splits a 12v connection into two functional ones, each with a nice handy cap on it. Don't underestimate the usefulness of those two caps, as a stray bit of metal or anything conductive could blow the fuse on this.



Having mentioned the fuse, let me point out that not all splitters are manufactured with a fuse built into them. Without a fuse on the splitter itself a stray bit of metal or conductive material will cause the fuse in your car's electrical box to blow. This adds a little extra security as likely the fuse on the splitter is of a lower rating than that in your electrical box: so it blows first.



An earlier review mentioned electrical interference which made me wary about this product at first. However upon examination, I'm not exactly clear where such interference could be coming from. The splitter is incredibly simple with no real electrical processing being done to the power going through it. It's a fuse gated adapter with two connectors on it. As I have a zune controller and in line adapter running off one of the connectors on this, I was afraid that I would experience some hum or something similar to that mentioned in an earlier review. No issues here.



The wiring doesn't seem to be of high quality, but since I paid so little for it and don't plan on using it for heavy duty applications, that isn't something I will deduct for. The wiring is adequate and likely will not break unless I pull hard on it or abuse it. Roadpro 12V, 2 Outlet Platinum Series Fused Cigarette Lighter Adapter with Short Cord

Very nice item, handy and safe. It is fused and saves digging under the dash for auto fuses when you overload it -- and ends cover to prevent shorts and keep dust out when not in use. I love it and good value for money.

Like the first reviewer stated, it does the job, I can power 2 devices from one outlet. Only problem is, the other Item is a Kensington LiquidAUX Auxiliary Car Kit for my iPhone, and when the splitter is plugged in (even in my car's second DC outlet) I get a very annoying, but not loud, buzzing sound. I tried plugging everything in in different configurations but it persists. I ended up stashing it in my glove box as a "just in case" accessory. If you don't use one of these audio kits, you'll be great. (for reference I have an '08 Camry with the stock stereo and 1/8" line in jack)

The single plug that goes into your cigarette lighter is really short and can be a problem for some car models. I have a Buick and the dual portion of the plug is too heavy for the single portion to support so it pulls it out of the cigarette lighter unless I find a way to support the weight. Other than this complaint the product works as stated.

I was looking for a good cigarette lighter adaptor that wouldn't break the bank & glad to have found it right here. It's cheap & it works. That's all I was hoping for. Very pleased with the product & works as advertised.

Got this for a road trip so I could run three items on two lighters. Used this for the GPS and the radar detector and it worked very well. My vehicle has a lighter in the console, so I put this splitter in there with them plugged in and could just take them off the dash and store them in there connected and ready to go. The selling point for me was the caps, small touches like that make all the difference with purely functional items like this. They work well. - Car Accessories - Dual Car Adapter - Car Power - Car Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information