Friday 3 June 2011

Iphone Dash Mount - cheap plastic, iphone dash mount


I bought this item in January of 2009. I thought it was the greatest holder I have ever seen because it rotates and mounts to my windshield. In the beginning I thought it was tough to take the iPhone out of the holder but eventually I did not mind until it broke.



In April of 2009, 3 months into using this holder the clip holding the iPhone broke then 2 days later the suction cup came off.



Besides it breaking it has a design flaw that started to annoy me from the beginning. The holder that attaches to the mount is upside down. Many times I would have the iPhone in the mount and put the headphone jack to my car in the top of the iPhone. When I did this the holder came off the mount. When I reverse the iPhone the jack is covered up and I can not play my music through the stero.



Pro:

People-oriented design: Adjustable neck (GooseNeck)

Flexible arm allows fine tuning of positioning



Con:

Bad design: when using the headphone jack the holder will come off the mount.

It broke 2 different ways in 3 months from purchase

You cannot use the camera when in the holder. I guess you could drill a hole but I never got to that.

The suction cup came off every week.



I have yet to find a better solution but I will continue to look. 360 Degree Rotatable Car Windshield Holder Suction Mount for Apple iPhone 3G / 3G S Black (8gb/16gb/32gb) by AccessoryWizard

I ordered this product thinking it would be just what it says! Hold my iPhone 3g on the windeshield. Apparently it holds the iPhone, the issue is that it doesn't stick to the widshield any little bump or touch to the phone to change a track or pick up call,the phone and entire holder falls right off the windshield. Doesn't stick, very bad suction cup design. Horrible! I was so excited then let down after all. I am being generous giving two stars, since the item was bought to stick to the windshield, and it doesn't even work. Meaning it serves no purpose.

10-9-09 The joint between the suction cup and the arm that extends from the windshield to the phone holder broke within a week of purchase, making the mount useless. No easy way to repair it that I can see. Bummer.

I just upgraded to the new iPhone 3G-S and purchased the new Navigon GPS app. I've used this windshield holder numerous times and find it easy to take on trips with me - especially business trips when I rent a car in a strange place. This adheres well to the windshield and holds the phone without fail. If I had a complaint it would be that I have to remove the phone's hard case, but I expected this when I purchased it.

You can buy this product from another online retailer for seven dollrs with free shipping. This is a complete rip off. The product itself is fragile, but very functional if you treat it right. I had it for a year with no issue.

I ordered this for my i phone. Even though I had read some of the bad reviews i still decided to order it. I am very disappointed because what I received is not at all what is shown in the pictures. What I received is very bulky compared to the simple small holder that is in the pictures. This does not even have the long bendable neck as in the picture. I don't even know if it works because I am returning it due to the fact that i was under the impression of a different style of mount.

I was looking for a way to secure my iPhone in my car, without sacrificing an air vent to some clip-on holder. This looked like a reasonable idea. Look carefully at the photo. Notice the iPhone is not in a case? I overlooked that, to my dismay. The unit seems to be well made, and well designed, but for this one fatal flaw - it can't hold an iPhone if it's in ANY kind of a case.



I've had two cases for my iPhone. Both feature a hard exterior and a silicon interior. Neither adds much to the profile of the phone in the way of size. But my current Speck Hard Candy case was too much for this holder. It's not designed to accomodate a phone + case. And the ugly little secret of almost every case on the market is that the more you remove the iPhone from it's case, the sooner the case stretches out and will no longer fit the phone.



I suppose if you wanted to permanently mount an iPhone in your car, this would work. (What kind of an idiot would do that?) Or if you forego a case (um...ditto). So if you're one of the two people on the planet that takes the Laws of iPhone Preservation less than seriously, by all means, buy this holder. Just don't say "I wasn't warned."

I was excited to get this product, I like to use my GPS on my iphone, but if you have a case on your iphone, you wont be able to use this product... My case is to difficult to remove, so this product is sitting in my truck... I never used it. If you have an iphone, you know there is no insurance for the phone, so if you aren't using a case your not protected from damage. This is a great idea if it had adjustable clips so that you can use it with a case on your phone. Just my opionion... - Cheap Plastic - Iphone 3g - Iphone - Iphone Dash Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information