Friday 3 June 2011

Ipod Dock - ipod docking station


I imported these to the uk because they looked so cool and I wasn't disappointed.They look and work great.I use them with my IPhone 4.The remote is really useful and by using an ordinary plug adaptor they work fine on uk voltage, just plug and play! Speakal iCrystal Stereo Docking Station with Two Speakers for iPod (Black)

First, this is a beautiful piece, but for the price, it's missing some key features that would have made it worth the price.



Pros:



Great sound -- I had no issues with volume (we use it in a fairly large kitchen, fills up the room nicely)

Great style -- this probably isn't for everyone, but it works great for us, and the blue lights are a nice accent (but this is also a con, see below)

Size -- it's tiny, which is nice, and doesn't seem to sacrifice volume.



Cons:



No inserts for different iPod models -- this is somewhat of a pro, because you're pretty much guaranteed a fit with any case, but also dangerous, because the only thing holding up your iPod is the dock connector. Most speaker/dock combinations that I've looked at in this price range come with at least a few different inserts, this is a pretty obvious oversight.

Blue lights are always on -- you can turn them off by using the hard switch to swap to battery power with no batteries in the unit, but there's no way to turn them off via the remote control, or automatically when you're not playing music. It does manage to charge the iPod while plugged in with no batteries and the switch is on "USB" (which means wall power).

White remote control -- no matter which color you buy, you get a white remote control. Again, not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to have a color-coordinated remote control.



In the end, I'll be keeping it, but wouldn't buy another one. Also, not that these are particularly complicated, but the user manual is about two pages long (multiplied by five or six for the warnings and multiple languages).

This works with my iphone 4 still in the case! so that's a treat. And while I had to adjust my ipod setting to give a fuller sound out this system, it still sounds pretty good out the box. It's exactly what I'd expect for $71. Consider that most speakers are in the $120-$300 range. If you want really robust sound, this isn't it but this works really well in my kitchen as I cook and do the dishes. I'm pleased as it's red as is my kitchen! yippee!

This docking station has great features, very good sound, and looks awesome. No setup required. Just plug in, dock your iPod, and listen. Though the remote is light and not color matched, it works great. Highly recommended purchase.

I like the look of these speakers and the sound is pretty decent, especially for the price... But it was advertised as comparable with the iPhone 4... Well it's not! Can get it to work with my iPhone about half the time. Also, it doesn't have an off switch... The only way to turn it off and stop the blue glow is to unplug it.

This product has genuinely surprised me! the sound quality is very good considering it's price range and the visual appeal and styling are great also. It connected to iPhone 4 and 3GS without errors and the on dash controls function well with the iPhones. overall an excellent product. Personnally i just have an issue with any speaker dock being more than $15-20; but that is a personal opinion - thus only 4 stars.

This unit looks very cool. The sound is better than expected for the price. The only down-side is that the controls on the unit failed to work after 30 days of use. Good thing that it has a remote, other-wise I would not be able to use the system any longer. A sleep timer would be nice, however you can use the sleep timer buried in the clock feature on your Iphone.

I ordered this item on Friday morning. By Saturday morning, it was outside my door. Truly impeccable shipping and delivery. Very impressed. The speakers were well packaged and the box has a handle that allows for easy transport. In the short time that I have owned the black speakers, they pack a pretty good punch regarding sound quality and good bass. I listened to various artists ranging from Michael Jackson to Celine Dion to Linkin Park and John Coltrane, all sounding quite good. Even turned up high, it sounds great. The music carries throughout an average sized room and I love the remote control. The speakers and remote works well with the ipod touch, iphone 3G and iphone 4 and charges them too. The blue LED lights are cool and can be turned off as there is a button for it on the remote. I haven't used the batteries only the AC adaptor and it works fine. Overall, a great product and a recommended buy! - Ipod Docking Station'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information