Monday 20 June 2011

Pheumatic Nailer - pheumatic nailer, nail gun


I had read the reviews so i went ahead and purchased this for about 35.00 shipped. I got it in the mail and opened it up.The case seemed very cheap. Now i pull out the nailer, It seems like WEN didnt pay much attention to the details. Some of the paint looked touched up, the trigger was just a piece of metal and some of the other pieces of the gun looked of questionable quality.This doesnt look even close to the beautiful, yellow, quality DeWalt that my buddy loans me.So nervously i hook it up and put in a stack of 1 3/4" nails, they loaded nicely. I test the gun on a 2x4.I tap a couple in and the nails go so deep i thought it misfired. So i turn the little depth wheel under the tip,(which feels kind of cheap but actually works better than the dewalt) and tap a couple more till perfect. I start laying some base board and the gun has a very smooth and solid yet lighweight feel to it. Not one misfire. Also the gun doesnt jump around. and the tip looks like it would destroy the board but actually did very well. I finished the kitchen and hallway and am very impressed with the gun. I have used a DeWalt to baseboard and trim two entire houses, and comparing the two I actually think the WEN performs better. I have only shot a couple of hundred nails out of the WEN so I will have to see how it holds up. but for 35.00 I could buy a few of these at the cost of the others. It's even starting to look prettier than the DeWalt. WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch 18-Gauge Brad Nailer

This brad nailer works very well. The tip can mark your surface, so be careful. No problems with jamming. Feels and performs like an expensive nailer. Would recommend to anyone who needs a brad nailer.

I've never used a brad nailer before. However, I wanted a way to quickly/easily re-attach all of the baseboard throughout my house (I removed it to install tile floors) and this brad nailer worked great! I paid around $35 shipped and a comparable 18 gauge 2" brad nailer at the big box warehouses sells for $70 and up!

This nail gun is a good value, and seems well made. It works well when you use the right kind of nails, which, as the descriptions says, is 18 gauge, from 3/4 to 2 inches.



Unfortunately, the standards for nails are such that not all 2 inch nails will work with this gun, because believe it or not, 2 inch nails come in two different lengths. I have never found actual 2 inch nails: they are either a bit longer (51mm), like Porter Cable and many other brands, or a bit shorter (50mm), such as Bostich. Only the 50 mm nailes (such as Bostich) fit; 51 mm (like Porter Cable) does not; I have tried both brands.



This is unfortunate, because the 51mm type is more readily available, for example at Home Depot. I had to do a lot of looking around to find 2 inch nails that would work with this gun, but I did eventually find a store (a lumber yard) that carried the Bostich brand. It is obvious when the nail won't work: you simply cannot load it.



I bought this gun to be able to shoot 2 inch nails. It would have been a very simple engineering change to support both 50 and 51 mm nails. Therefore I am taking a star off for not supporting the commonly available 51mm size. I wish also that it would accept 5/8" nails. It actually might, but I'm not going to buy a package to find out that they don't work, or worse, that they jam the machine.



If you are considering this gun and want to use 2 inch nails, be sure a local store carries them before you buy it.

Saw this on a lighting deal for 20.00. I didnt even need a nail gun at the time, but bought it just cause it seemed like a good deal and I didnt own any nail guns at the time. I'm always buying tools when I see them for a good deal, cause I know someday I'll need them. Needless to say I had to do some trim work on two doors and a closet. For the price I am very happy with it. It shoots even the two inch brads into wood with no problem. Very handy for even bigger jobs. I have used to to just "tack" the lumber together then I come back with screw gun. For the ocassional use home owner its great, would buy one again. Now if I can just find a finish nailer for 20.00.

If you're a homeowner that does home repair or light assembly jobs this is a great nailer to have. You can spend significantly more for a nailer.



FEW THINGS

- you do need an air compressor for this to work

- it will leave marks on your wood if you're not skilled so be careful (it's a skill)

- constructed well (but don't know if I'd use it commercially)

- doesn't jam much but it's a brad nailer so some jams are to be expected





Overall, it's a great product and for the money it's really hard to beat.

For the price range this is a good nailer. The fit and finish is good. The biggest negative is the safety. There isn't a rubberized protector. It is hard steel with a couple of sharp edges. It is really easy to mark and leave a depression on the wood, especially soft woods. - Pheumatic Nailer - Nail Gun - Nailer - Woodworking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information