Sunday 12 June 2011

Reading Light - reading light, kindle book light


I couldn't tell you if this thing is bright enough to read by. I couldn't tell you if it has a strong enough spring to clamp securely onto a book. I couldn't tell you if it has a large enough circle of light to read hardcover books by. See, I took it out of the little box, pressed to clip it onto a book, and it fell apart in my hands. The hinge went to pieces.



Can't recommend something that didn't last long enough to use once. Clip on LED Booklight with Button Cell

This is a nice little light that is incredibly light weight. I bought it to use for reading in bed. It works OK, but the diameter of the reading area is rather small; probably 4". I read large hardback books so I find I must adjust it quite often. If you're a paperback reader you'll have better luck.



All in all it is a good value. The light is produces is adequate and your spouse won't be bothered by your nocturnal reading habits. That makes it a real bargain!

Took it out of the box, turned the switch on, used it for about 10 minutes, and the light went off. I wondered if the batteries had gone dead, so I opened the cover to see the batteries and the whole thing fell apart. 10 minutes is all it took.



I'm giving it one star, because there's no space for zero.

The light is bright enough for reading, but the area it covers needs to be a little bigger so it covers the whole of a book page or the Kindle screen. As it is, it makes a good illumination in most of the Kindle screen, but the edges are dim, and moving the light every page is too much of a hassle, so you just live with it.



The light flickers a little bit when it moves, too. Not too bad, though it makes me nervous.



But what is great about it is that unlike the other book lights, the clip for this one doesn't block any part of the readable Kindle screen. Most book lights have a vertical clip, but this one's horizontal. It's not a perfect fit; the ideal Kindle book light would be fit right to the Kindle's shape, and I'd buy that in a heartbeat. But this does pretty well.

This is the best book light I have ever seen or used (and I have tried many). And it's so cute. It bends in any direction, is very lightweight and I love how long the batteries last. But here's the best part ... I can be on my laptop in the middle of the night. You know how sometimes it is hard to see the keyboard and you don't want to use your battery power to brighten the screen and keyboard? Well this little guy just clips anywhere on your laptop and adds just the right light for the keyboard! I highly recommend it and am going to buy many for Christmas stockings!

It even fits the Kindle, not just the cover [like those other clip-ons] but the unit itself. If the illuminated field were large enough to cover the entire Kindle page, I would rate it a 5-star winner.

i really like this light, its bright enough that it allows me to read, but not to bright as to keep other people up, also, its super light weight. ive been using my ipod as a reading light, but now i use this. i love it - Reading Light - Booklight - Kindle Book Light - Book Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information