Monday 13 June 2011

Strathwood Chaise Lounge Chair - patio furniture, strathwood chaise lounge


Note: There is no category for 0 stars...



I did purchase two of these chaise lounges from Amazon. One arrived damaged and I had no problems exchanging it for a new one. I had these lounges on my new paver patio from June through October. they were covered with those green plastic covers.



A few things observed:

After a few months the sliding tray failed to slide out.

One of the dowels that hold up the back of the chair had cracked and fell apart.

My patio was stained with the orange dye used to make these chairs appear to be teak.



I emailed Amazon and explained the situation. I have to commend Amazon for REFUNDING ME ENTIRELY for my purchase and for the SHIPPING too, after having these chaise lounges for over 6 months. I received a refund for $239.98. Also, they gave me a $20 credit for my trouble.



Point is, the manufacturer is producing a terrible product and Amazon has had to deal with it.



In one of the emails, Amazon wrote to me and implied that they were not going to continue selling this product. Obviously they have not done that.



So word to the wise, do not buy these chairs. They look to be of high quality but are far from that. And, I wish you luck in getting your refund too. Strathwood Basics Hardwood Chaise Lounge

Assembly was tedious but no more than 30 minutes.

The wood needed a couple spots sanded and the whole thing was oily on arrival. I rubbed it down with a cloth for 4-5 days while it sat out in the sun.



The sliding table (preassembled) no longer slides (2 weeks outside.) It is jammed tight. I guess the wood expanded in the track.



The wheels are wobbly and and I just noticed one has a crack half way through it.



The whole thing could also be a couple inches higher.



Anyway, its cheap.



I ordered the matching table and chairs, but the Eagle trucking company broke another delivery appointment after having me wait at home during their 8 hour delivery window.



Sept 2007 Update:



Well it's been outside (Pennsylvania weather) for two years. I applied a deck sealer in the Fall of 2006 and again in Aug 2007. It actually looks good after a light sanding and a fresh coat of wood sealer. However, the wooden wheels have both came apart and I replaced them with lawn mower wheels. I think I can get one more year out of this.



May 2010 Update:



It had a good life but it is now exhibiting cracking and checking of the wood. I think its done. The mattress, oddly enough lasted well enough, considering I leave it out all year. I'm going to dispose of the mattress and re-purpose it as a plant stand (in the flat position.) I think it will look good with colorful pots and vines living on it for now.

I bought two of these, one for my mom and one for my mother-in-law. When they are at the house no one else is allowed to use them without thier say so. I have scored like a thousand more points from each of them for getting these lounge chairs.



These are great lounges, easy to assemble and the sliding table makes a great margarita holder. One did arrive slightly damaged and Amazon got right on it. They arranged for a replacement to be sent out, via next day air!! They also arranged for the damaged item to be picked up and returned on thier dime. I love my moms, I love the chairs and I love Amazon.com.

While the lounge chairs we received looked good and we have received compliments, they have ruined the cushions that we purchased to go on them. The stain has come off of the chairs ruining the concrete deck below them and the cushions that were $100 a piece that go on them. What an absolute mess. There is stain on my BRAND NEW cushions and on the pool deck below them that we are unable to get out. DO NOT BUY THESE CHAIRS! I am now having to start over with chairs and cushions. What an absolute disappointment!

We got the chair and thought it was great - until it rained for several days straight and our new brick patio is the color the chair once was. How in the heck do you get stain out of coarse brick?!?!? It's still raining...

At $89 it seemed like a fantastic deal for a nice looking wood chair. They arrived in horrible shipping packaging that not only didn't protect, but actually caused damage. My experience was tainted by a convoluted and frustrating exchange process. The chairs needed to be slathered in teak oil if used outdoors - which is where a deck chair usually resides. There are now large brown stains on my deck after the chairs saw their first rain.



After the time wasted exchanging the damaged chairs, going to Home Depot for teak oil, applying the teak oil to both chairs and needing to get our deck pressured washed, I would not buy them again. They look nice, but are not worth the effort. I wanted to buy a chair, not a project.

We purchased these two teak finish chaise lounges because the price was very affordable compared to others we had seen. They assembled well and looked great, until the first rainfall. The orange stain dripped off the chaise lounges all over our white pool deck. It looked as if they were "melting". We had to use a high powered pressure washer to remove the stain from our deck. Unfortunately, they still drip onto the deck each time it rains, a little less stain each time. We can only hope that eventually it will stop completely. As I said, they look great, but alas a bargains isn't always a bargain!

Slats in this chair fell off when I was putting it together. On top of that the assembly process was problematic because drill holes were not aligned. Shame on Amazon for such poor quality products. As a long-standing customer, I really expected them to at least meet the grade. Strathwood brand now stand s for waste of money. - Patio Furniture - Chaise Lounge - Strathwood - Strathwood Chaise Lounge'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information