Sunday 19 June 2011

Usb Extension Cable


I jut bought this Connectland device a few days ago and I've also been using the Connectland CL-U2 Connectland CL-U2MNHUB-4B 4 Ports USB V2.0 Mini Hub (Black) for 6 months now.



This device:

+ Long cable (almost 32")

- No on/off switch for any port



CL-U2

- Short cable (only 5"); I recommend a USB 2.0 extension cable

+ On/off switch for each port

+ Had for 6 months now and still works well



The on/off switch may not be a deal breaker for some of you but if you have external HDDs hooked up to the ports, its easier just to flip the switches on the CL-U2 rather than to plug in/out the power cords on the HDDs. Connectland 4-ports USB v2.0 Hub

My computer has only one USB port up front. Therefore, this 4 way connector is just what I needed to attach my Flash Drives (2) and my USB cable used with my camera. it is just what I needed. I am completely satisfied with it.



Marty S

I purchased this because I bought a new monitor and it doesn't have any USB ports on it. For 6 bucks this USB adds the convenience of having a USB port on my desk. I have a desktop computer. If is going to be something that you keep on your desk... its perfect. However it does not feel that durable. The plastic box that holds the ports seems to thin to be kept in a laptop bag and frequently used. I was surprised when i pulled it out of the package and the wire was about 3 feet long.

The design of havng a USB Hub with a longer connection is a great idea. The device will be great if it is put together with better quality control. Two of the 4 ports on the device I purchased do not work. When I plug into the port, the connection is very loose and thus it will not work. Better QC is definitely needed.

Here are the problems:



1. Loose connections: I have to use tape to hold plugs in



2. Will not charge the iPad. CPU will sync with the iPad through the hub, but will not charge



3. having plugs on each side makes the whole unit very awkward to sit on a desk or to attach to something to keep it from dangling



In sum, poor design. It does not do what it is supposed to do.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Usb Extension Cable Usb Extension Cable Usb Extension Cable