Tuesday 30 December 2008

Active Leggings


I have enjoyed these leggings so much since I received them as a gift for Christmas (along with KD's sultry sweater dress). I like where they hit me on my torso - not *so* low, like the annoying trendy jeans that seem to be made for 13 year old girls with no hips, and not so high that they give you a wierd line at your belly-button when you wear them under a dress. They're kind of like the 3rd bowl of porridge in "Goldilocks and the Three Bears": 'just right'. Because they're made with KD's signature stretch fabric, they cling to you gently, and move with you beautifully, without sagging at the knees or in the behind. I've gotten countless tights from Target, the Gap, etc. that end up sagging. Who needs sags and wrinkles to add to the junk in their trunk under a dress?! I sometimes wear these to do yoga, in the cooler months, and sometimes lounge in them around the house (my baby loves sitting in my lap when I'm wearing these!), but I also really enjoy wearing them under a dress with boots - you can totally dress them up or down, and they're great either way. New York Black Stretch Knit Dance & Yoga Low Rise Tights by KD dance, Fashionable, Functional, Sexy, Soft & Warm, High Quality Made In New York City USA - Petite / Extra Small

although the tights didn't look right, I exchanged them for a pair of leg warmers, which I love! the service person was very professional and communicative. Id def buy from them again, knowing that they take good care of their customers.

If you are thinking about ordering these, just do it. The quality is amazing, the colors are gorgeous (I own several pairs) and the customer service is first rate. There is no "big box" store nor dance apparel maker, i.e. Capezio, Bloch who can compete with the quality of KD Dance ear. And this stuff lasts, I have pieces that I purchased in the mid-1990's that I still wear. This is because each item is made to order at their factory in the Bronx, NY - not a sweat shop in a third world country.



The material is also breathable and soft, so the typical hot and itchy factor found when wearing tights is NOT an issue. I also love the fact that the low rise tights do not create a "muffin top". The low rise tight is wonderful for dance class, but can easily translate to a yoga class. They can also be worn with a dress and boots or a tunic sweater and knee high boots for a fashion forward look. These are also awesome to lounge in during the frigid winters months. KD Dancewear also makes wonderful gifts, I gave a dancer friend of mine a pair of tights and a v-neck top and she told me it was the best present she ever received.



Regarding sizing, check your ego at the door because you will need to order a size up or two. KD Dance customer service offers on point fit advice, so if you have doubts reach out to them.



Trust me, you will not be disappointed with this purchase, in fact you may find yourself addicted to this brand.

This by far the best tights I have owned. The waist sits perfectly right below my belly button. Its a perfect fit-without being too tight or too loose. It doesnt sag like other cheap tights.The fabric rests on the skin, hugging all your contours. This well-knit stretchy sweater is breathable, light, and sexy.



I love to wear this with my sexy matching sweater dress, also from KD dance. You can wear these with little denim skirts, long tunic tops, under long dresses for extra warmth, and of course for dancing!

The bubble pink is a soft, yet wonderful pastel color. This is a superb pair of tights!

Thank you KD dance for all your awesome products!!!

This is the second product I have purchased from KD and I'm falling in love with the quality and softness of their knits! In one day I wore these to school under a dress, then went on to ballet class after! So cozy & fashion forward. You'll like the waistband as well, Thin, low, and does not squeeze.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Active Leggings Active Leggings Active Leggings