Wednesday 31 December 2008

Iphone 3g Accessories - cable, ipod cable


This is my 1st purchase from this company, but the service and product are great. I ordered and had the product in my hands 2 days later. With how many iPhones/iPods are on the market, you'd think that more companies would have a product like this. When I found this I was thrilled, trying to charge your iPhone and talk on it are impossible with how short the cord is. A friend told me about it and as soon as I found it I bought 2, one more home and one for work. Now I can get more than a foot from the wall when my phone is charging. Great price and great service! Extra Long 6 Foot (6ft) iPhone / iPod USB Charge and Sync Cable, Double the Length of the Standard Cord

Love the length of this cable--it's so handy to use in most applications. But it's not perfect...



--Data sync with iTunes depends on where this cable is connected. I've plugged it directly into three different computers, without problems--but I've also plugged it into two different laptop docking stations, and consistently get an error message indicating that an iPhone has been detected, but other information could not be correctly accessed, and therefore sync was not possible. (For comparison, the Apple OEM cord works flawlessly when plugged into these same laptop docking stations.) Charging works great everyplace I've attempted.

--The phone connection is "squeeze to release", not "pull to release" like the Apple OEM. For some accessories which require a sync cord (such as a Griffin AirCurve), this is a problem, as the squeeze points aren't accessible when it's plugged in, and therfore removing the cord or the iPhone is nearly impossible once connected.

--The USB connection is slightly fatter than the Apple OEM cord. Which usually won't be an issue--but if you have multiple USB ports on your computer, you might not be able to access the one directly above or below this connection when using this cord. Also, some accessories (my example again is the Griffin AirCurve) are designed to pass the USB connection through a hole in the device, and this cord's USB plug won't fit.



Still, all in all, a well-built and quality product. Just be sure to know where you plan to use it before buying.

Never before left a bad review, but like some other users, the end which connects to the iPhone/iPad just crumbled apart into 5 pieces. I reassembled it but after another charge the end crumbled and the main part was stuck in the iPhone. A quick pinch with plyers and it was out but that was it.



Really bad quality. It was great when it worked as the extra length was ideal. But now I notice others had the crumbling end and its not acceptable. I must have gotten one of those bad batches.

The first time I used the cable, the iPod/iPad connector shell came apart. I spent 30 minutes putting it back together and gluing it. If you buy this product, before using it, apply a small amount of super glue along the seams, being careful not to glue the release buttons on the sides. As I said, it works but it is NOT well made.

I enjoyed it for 2 days very much

the iPhone end of the charger started separating after 2 days and no longer worked. Awesome idea. I like the long cord but very cheap construction. I'd like one that wouldn't fall apart if anyone has found one. Thank you. Kit Stockton

I looked every where for a longer than normal cable and finally found this one. I needed to be able to keep my iPod Touch plugged in while driving so my kids in the back seat could play with it.



this cable works perfectly. Charging and data transfer is perfect.



Update!!! Please see added comments from two users. One did not get this to work on his iPhone 4. The other did not get it to work on his iPhone 3G. My device is the iPod touch 3rd generation.

Works perfectly even with my iphone 4. I used it to charge my iphone 4 from several power sources -- the original apple power adapter, car charger adapter, multi-powerstrip usb port, and laptop -- all worked perfectly without a hitch. I have used other cables before and not all of them worked well. I am ordering more of this brand b/c it simply works and I love the extra length. One minor point that turns out to be a lucky break, the end that plugs into the iphone is thinner, which is great because it plugs into my iphone 4 even when a protective case is used on the phone. The original iphone cable is a bit fat and I was having problems trying to squeeze the original cable into some of these ill fitted iphone 4 cases. (it's an iphone 4 accessory case problem not a cable issue).

I purchased 2 of these cables. One for my girlfriend and one for myself. A month after working flawlessly they stopped working. My girlfriends only charges when u twist the cable in wierd angles. Mine wont charge on my computer or tv anymore. I really dont recomend this product to anyone. Poor quality. - Cable - Ipod Cable - Iphone - Iphone 3g Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information