Sunday 28 December 2008

Beverage Cooler


I guess if you call 55-60 degrees without any WAY to SET the Temp colder a cooler go ahead and buy one of these!!! I bought one for beer and am very DISSAPOINTED in this BRAND

Buy local if you want a mini fridge or small appliance

IF you don't keep ALL the packaging kiss your money goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



READ THE FINE PRINT DETAILS FOR RETURNS OR EXCHANGES THE RETAILER DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON CERTAIN PRODUCTS ONLY THE MANUFACTUERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Pros - Looks



Cons - only cools to 55-60 degrees in 70 detgree ambient temp environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EdgeStar 84 Soda Can Beverage Cooler Fridge - Stainless Steel

I have had this product for about four days. Only the bottom shelf and the very back of the unit keep beverages cold enough. It will be difficult to get back into the packaging and return. Great concept, poor execution.

Just like the other two reviews. It's nice and quiet, looks great, but barely keeps drinks cool. It's better than nothing, but not a LOT better than nothing. I wish I had bought a mini-fridge in black like I wanted, but the GF said looked "tacky". At least I won that one.... <grin>.



Do NOT buy one of these. You will not be happy with it.

Not sure what the problem is with the fridge the other three reviewers were delivered, but I bought mine on 5/16/11 and it was delivered free of charge on 5/18 (they had a spring special going on on the compact appliance site). I was concerned about the reviews I read here, but I had already bought it, so, I went and bought a fridge thermometer. I put it inside the glass, about half way down the fridge. I plugged it in around 1PM and by 10PM, the temp was about 38 degrees. That seems pretty damned cold to me. So no problems so far. Very well built, very solid, and the glass front with LED light is pretty badass in my man cave.

I will say, and hence the missing fifth star, that the Instructions...um......suck. I needed to change the way the door opened (right to left) and it would have been nice to have some instructions. I eventually figured it out, but it took me about an hour to get the door just right, so it closed with a tight seal.

Additionally, it would help to have some guidance on the initial setup. The manual basically says "plug it in". Im not kidding. It has an "ON" setting and a "1-7" setting. I think you turn it 'ON" and get it cold and then set it to the level you want after that. But there is nothing to tell you if "1" is the coldest or "7" is the coldest. This would take one sentence to explain, and would be helpful.

Lastly, I dont think anyone works at EdgeStar. I called ten times to get some answers and was on hold each time for about 3 minutes and then it said "please leave a message". I finally did but never received a response. I also sent an email with my number and email, and again, no response.

So, if you want a good looking, well built fridge that DOES get cold, and are comfortable that no one is available to address any of your questions, then you can't go wrong with this.

This is a very attractive beverage refrigerator, it is very quiet, but it is difficult to get the temperature just right to keep the beverages cold. I added a small battery operated fan to circulate the air and this definately helps.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Beverage Cooler Beverage Cooler Beverage Cooler