Sunday 28 December 2008

Brother Labeling Tape - ac adapters, labeler


I attempted to use rechargable batteries in the label maker but was constantly required to recharge them unless I used the label maker more frequently. Getting an AC Adapter resolved the problem. I still have the option to use batteries for convenience but the adapter saves on time and frustration. Works great! Power Adapter for P-touch

This Power Adapter for the Brother P-Touch 1280 works well, has a long (6+ feet) power cord, and doesn't introduce noise problems to other equipment. The real beauty of it is that it eliminates the need for batteries, therby significantly reducing operating cost. It's a good device, and relative speaking, a greener way to go.

Ordered the standard AD24 Brother power adapter directly from Amazon but received a Brother AD-24-ES which is significantly smaller (3" x 1 7/8" x 1 1/4") and lighter than what's described on the website. Appears to work fine thus far. 6' cord is a big advantage for flexibility.

I had the little label printer that used 6 AA and didn't have the A/C adapter so either it didn't have batteries or it drained them in a few days. With this and a different unit I can print a label when I need one.

It could have been just my rechargeable batteries, but man... my P-touch would go through batteries like crazy. This adapter is a necessity! I wish this had already came with the labeler to begin with, but I'll take what I can get. The cord is quite long, which makes it easy to work with. If you don't already have this, you have to get it! I can't believe I waited so long.

The Brick was ordered for the P Touch label maker as battery life is not good. The Brick I thought I was getting would work on other P Touch label makers we have in the office but its output it 1/2 of the others. At $20 Its too much for this brick and I could have used one from a set of cheap speakers for the label maker. The label maker its self works ok but uses alot of tape and reducing the amount of leader and trailer from the label is hard to control. I should have bought the same one we have at work. Be careful for what you ask for. All in all the label maker works ok but the tapes the T Z's cost about $10 each which is more than the Dymo's. Is good for what it is.

Batteries are so 'yesterday'. As Ron would say- "just set it, and forget it". A must, or at the very least, a 'should' have for that most impressive little Brother P-Touch labeler. Batteries are not for that little dynamo. Got mine (the P-Touches) around Black Friday for $9 each with 2 cartridges in each, so I especially don't mind putting out for this purchase. Although, I would have eventually, anyway, after buying batteries once. - Ac Adapters - Adapter - Labeler - Power Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information