Monday 29 December 2008

Cyberpower - battery backup, ups


Good mid-range unit. 340W is too low for most computers since a good power supply is 400-550W these days. Although the PS may not use the max wattage, adding other items like a monitor, sound system, etc.; may over tax the CP600. The more you add the less time the battery will hold up the attached electornics. I advise spending more and using 1000W as your basic back up PS. Cyberpower CP600LCD UPS - 600VA/340W LCD Display 8-Outlet RJ11/ Compact Design EMI/RFI

This product arrived quickly and well packaged. It looks well made and has a nice look to it. I work at home from a company laptop and have had a few power hits recently that last just a few seconds but that are long enough to take my modem, wireless router and OOMA phone device down. My laptop is ok, due to the built in battery, but I lose all connectivity and it takes several minutes to get everything back to 'normal'. This is something that is not acceptable in my type of work. So I bought this UPS to prevent such hiccups and to give me at least 30 minutes of working time in case of a prolonged commercial power outage. This unit has already exceeded my expectations. I rewired all of my devices thru this unit on May 4. This included the router, modem, OOMA, 2 cordless phones and laptop. I tested for quick hits that night by pulling the plug from the wall several times and the transition to battery power was seamless. As luck would have it, on May 6, my area had a six hour power outage, due to local road work. The UPS provided power for nearly an hour and a half. More than enough time to allow for a clean shutdown of my system and alert my co-workers. My ONLY complaint so far, and others here have noted it, is the beeping it makes when commercial power is lost (maybe there's a way to turn this off....I'll have to check further). But overall, I recommend this product and this vendor highly.

*******************Update: I just installed the software included with the UPS (not required for using the unit)...You can turn the annoying beeping alarm off! Much better now....I give this product an unconditional 5 stars at this point in time.

Great unit so far. I like Cyberpower over APS.



Most important feature of this unit: you can toggle off the annoying alarm by just using the onboard power button - the LCD even has an icon for showing it on or off. Great job Cyberpower.

Back-up power supplies are like auto insurance. You don't know how good they are until you have an issue. Ideally, the insurance policy or back-up power supply should be a bridge to a solution and not be the cause of secondary issues or surprises as a result of that initial problem.



In the case of this power supply, I was reluctant to submit a review because I really hadn't had an issue in which its capabilities were tested. Then, lo and behold, I had a power failure. The unit performed with no problems for the fifteen minutes that the power was out and kept my server, gateway router, and phone system running. Then...twenty minutes later, there was a second power failure but the Cyberpower kicked in without blinking.



When you consider the performance of the Cyberpower and the competitive price at which it can be purchased, I think it is a very good "insurance" policy to have to protect your electronic equipment. In fact, I plan to buy another for my home theater system.

This UPS is powering my lightweight SBS 2008 server, 20" lcd monitor, router, cable modem, soho pix firewall, phone charger, and a clock. Very powerful and the Utilization feature is extremely reassuring. I've not had any problem with the device and it has kept me going several times when storms picked up and my lights were flickering. I highly recommend this device if your power requirements don't exceed 310W. As always with UPSs, the less stress you put on the device, the longer it will last in a real outage.

When I had a power outage right in the middle of a Windows Update I deceided I had to get a UPS. I spend a lot of time researching my options. This unit seemed like the best deal providing an LCD readout and the ability to easily turn of all alarms.



Unit is well built. Documentation is adequate. Easy to set up. I did not install the provided computer software, as the LCD screen on the unit gives me plenty of information.



When connections were complete and everything powered on (HP slimline desktop Computer, Modem, Router and 23" LED Monitor to the batttery outlets) the readout indicated I was only using 40% of the UPS output and that I could expect a battery back-up of 22 minutes. More than I had expected. I unpluged the unit and everything worked perfectly. All conected units stayed on, as if the power was still plugged in. Pluged the UPS back in and the unit went back to the household current. PERFECT...



I highly recommend this unit. For the price, it cannot be beat! - Uninterrupted Power Supply Ups - Battery Backup - Ups - Computer Power Backup'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information