Sunday 28 December 2008

Mytouch 4g Screen Protector - mytouch 4g, tmobile


I bought this type of cover guard film for my phone, thinking that I would receive the item exactly as shown in the first 2 photos describing this product: completely covering the phone screen with some cutting at the top. I received instead rectangular films that partially covers my phone screen (like in the last 3 photos if you look very closely; I didn't). Yes, they sent you multiple screen films but 1 film didn't work from the get go (not staying fixed to the screen). To add insult, one of the paper tabs that was supposed to be removed cleanly from the screen doesn't remove at all: It was stuck to the film corner; I had to use my finger tip and a damp q-tip to try to scratch the sticky tab off. But the glue residue is still there and visible. I am not pleased with this product at all. It's just not worth my time and money to send it back. Maybe that's why the seller has gotten away with sending customers this substandard type of films. 5x HTC T-Mobile myTouch 4G HD Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Film, no cutting is required! Exact fit and satisfaction guaranteed!

The item received was not as advertised, as the protector was just a plain square protector covering just the screen and not the exact cut as shown in the image and advertised. However, the protector installs very easily and without any bubble formation, but if you want the exact cut, this is not it.

These are by far the best screen protectors. Hard to place exactly right; but once on, it's completely transparent and I can't even tell I have a protector on the screen. My trick to a perfect application was to use an anti-static lens cleaning wipe on the screen (the moist type used for glasses), then place the protector on the screen. I did have one little fuzz underneath it the first time, so I carefully lifted the protector in that one area (with a flat mini screw driver), and used a piece of scotch tape to get the fuzz. Voila! A fuzzless, bubble free application. These are stiff - similar to a sheet protector, not soft like a decorative window decal.

I got prompt shipment. There are 5 protectors, 3 step instructions, and a cloth included. The application process was very easy, compared to another protector I applied a few weeks ago that required soap water, that was kinda scary, and not easy.



Now, with these protectors, you just peel off one side, apply to the phone, and then peel off the remaining side and you're left with just the protector attached to the phone screen. The cut out is very precise, and fit the mt4g very well. There will be a millimeter gap to the edge of the screen, but that's a good thing, since if you get too close to any edge the protector doesn't want to stick very well (there's probably a curve there or something).I was most impressed with the bubble free installation. There were practically no bubbles, and I didn't really have to do anything special. I also had to reapply it because I didn't aim precisely the first time, and peeling off and reapplying was very easy. Just stick the plastic tab you peeled off under the protector and lift it up.



I don't know how long the protector will last, but so far I am very pleased. Good price, too.



UPDATE 2/9/2011

---------------

I have 2 phones using them, and they're still as good as new. I purchased from Benson Huang, in case that makes a difference. I noticed bad reviews from a few people, and I'm wondering if them bought from a different seller.

This screen is an "exact fit" just because it is a rectangle that fits the screen, but is not shaped at all to countour the screen of the myTouch 4G. Picture is deceiving as they make it seem like it does but, really, it is is just a rectangle smaller than the screen top and bottom, so a big chunk stays out. I would return it if it were not for the fact that it was so cheap that it is not even worth complaining.

This screen protector is crystal clear, slightly stiff and perfectly shaped for the my4g. Its contours go around the earpeice speaker and the front facing camera. The straight sides reach well over the visible portion of the screen to nearly the very edge of the glass front. I can barely see the screen protector now that it's on the phone, only a little around the front facing camera and along the bottom edge. At first, there were a few bubbles but using a peice of transparent tape, I carefully lifted the screen protector partly off the phone and reapplied while rubbing it down with the supplied (cheap but adequate) micro fiber clothe to remove all the bubbles.



After using my nude phone for a few weeks, I found my finger often getting stuck while trying to glide it across the screen. Now with this screen protector, my finger glides across the screen much more easily and rarely sticks. Also, I haven't noticed any decreased sensitivity of the screen.



I strongly recommend this inexpensive screen protector.



Sidenote:

The over-priced two-pack screen protector that I first bought from T-Mobile, was a simple rectangle which barely covered the screen area, had bubbles that I couldn't eliminate and seemed to desensitize the touch screen.

They plain just don't stick to the face of your phone. I had to try 3 of them to get one lined up *just right*, and within a day, it's already peeling off from the bottom (like the other two did immediately). Not worth $3 or .03$.

Would have been good if the adhesive tab adhered to the shield for separation actually removed cleanly after it was placed on the screen. I ruined 2 shields trying to clean off the adhesive that held the handy strip on. They may want to use a plastic tab instead of paper in the future. I wish it had worked better and cleaner.

These are decent screen protectors. They have cutouts for the mytouch 4g camera, and ear piece. They look like they are just rectangular until you remove them from the packaging. The actual screen protector is sandwiched between two other protective sheets, and these 'sandwich' sheets have tabs on them for easy removal. This means you can position the screen protector without getting finger prints all over it.

The sensitivity of the touch on the phone seems as good as it was before.



And, you get 5 of them if you screw up... - Tmobile - Htc - Mytouch 4g - Mytouch 4g Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • mytouch 4g screen protector
  • ,
  • htc
  • ,
  • tmobile
  • ,
  • mytouch 4g