Monday 29 December 2008

Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - adapter, adaptor


This is a size adapter only. It adapts a set of stereo headphones with a 3.5mm mini plug to a device with a 2.5mm micro stereo receptacle. It would also work on a mono earplug + mike setup. (note the two black rings on the plug in the product photo) If that's what you're looking for then look no further. But be careful, if you own a cell phone that plays mp3's you probably need something else.



If you have stereo headphones with a mike, or a device with a stereo + microphone output (like many cell phones) this won't work. That type of plug has three rings, like this one - Samsung A880, A890, A900, A920, A940, A950, A970 OEM Stereo Adapter AETS43CSEB/STD. Which is for headphones only, mike function is disabled.



If you actually want to listen to music and be able to easily answer your phone you need something like this, LG Handfree Stereo Headset for the LG Chocolate and other compatible LG handsets, which is actually an adapter with a built in microphone and a seperate headset (if you don't like the headset you can use most stereo headsets with the adapter. Universal 2.5 Male to 3.5 Female Headphone/Adaptor

I didn't receive what I ordered. This item is pictured as a cord. I ordered three, and received three adapter plugs instead. So instead of the L-shaped plug sticking out from the phone jack only 1/4" like I wanted, the whole contraption sticks out 1 1/2" instead. That risks damage to my treo's jack with the slightest tug on the headphones. Unacceptable. I'm not messing with a return since the shipping costs more than the item, but... buyer beware.

I have a Palm Centro and use it as my MP3 player, as well as streaming internet radio. My headphones are the standard 3.5mm, and the headphone jack on the Centro is 2.5mm, so I needed an adapter. I bought this one and it works perfectly. Unlike the previous adapter I bought from Radio Shack for over $10, and i had to trim some of the rubber flashing around the tip for it to fit into my phone, and after a few months it had a short in it. This one is cheaper, and works better - I recommend it.

As stated by others, this only outputs sound on the right side of the headphones for some devices (on my LG Lotus LX600 cell phone). I would have faulted myself for this oversight for lack of research, but the Technical Details are misleading. It says a microphone will not work, but that it IS for audio/music output.



Also, the item is not a black cord with a right-angle connection. It is a white cord with a straight connection. Work on your descriptions guys. Tough to beat the prices, but it's pointless to return items due to shipping charges.

Don't be ignorant as I was when buying this - this product is not for cell phones, which require a 2.5mm male with THREE rings, not two.



This adapter is for converting one-way stereo audio (TWO rings).

I ordered what was pictured here. A 2.5mm TRS PLUG to a 3.5mm TRS SOCKET adapter.

Instead I received a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headset adapter which is configured as TRRS not TRS.

TRRS will NOT work in a TRS socket.



I really need what I purchased, not what you sent.

The title just about covers it. If you have a Palm phone, don't buy this adapter. It doesn't really work (there is sound, in both ears, but for some unfathomable reason the sound quality is absolutely abysmal). Of course, you can't return it - it's not worth the shipping.

Well i bought this item quite som time ago and it arrived promptly without any hassles so 5 star to Efforcity. But when I plugin my earphones into my E71x I get only mono output. I don't know why is that, but my guess is Nokia E71x produces mono sound through the earphones jack and the compatible earphone doubles up the sound. I primarily needed the converter for listening music with my favorite earphones, but will have to look for something else now. - Adaptor - Mp3 Accessories - Mp3 Cell Phone Accessories - Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information