Sunday 28 December 2008

Snore Reducing Aids - anti snore device, snoring


OMG! It works!



Before wearing this mouthpiece, I would snore rather loud (according to my wife). It did not matter if I was on my stomach, back, or side. I had spent several hundred dollars for a sleep study and to buy a CPAP machine, since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. The CPAP maching stopped my snoring and helped with my sleep apnea. However, I would swallow air while using the CPAP and wake up with severe abdominal pain. The people at the sleep center refused to turn down the pressure in an attempt to fix this. After over a month of not being able to get a decent night's sleep, I decided to quit using the CPAP. However, I needed to find a solution.



I was skeptical that a mouthpiece would work, so I spoke with my dental hygenist if a mouthpiece could really help stop snoring and help with sleep apnea (my dentist was out of the office). She told me that I could spend nearly $1,000 on a custom fit mouthpiece designed to reduce snoring, but she did not know if it would help with sleep apnea. She admitted that insurance rarely covers such a device, and an over-the-counter device may produce the same result. I was concerned that an over-the-counter mouthpiece may damage my teeth or jaw alignment. She assured me that it would not be harmful, but I might experience some discomfort and jaw pain. She also told me that these types of devices usually work.



I bought the mouthpiece online. When it arrived, it looked rather small. I was still skeptical that it would fit or work. I went ahead and boiled the water and performed the fit per the instructions. Part of the mouthpiece did become somewhat malformed, so I had to re-fit it a second time.



During the first night of wearing the mouthpiece, I immediately noticed that I could breath more easily, and my snoring was eliminated. Since then, however, on some nights, my mouth opens wide enough so that my lower jaw falls out of the mouthpiece. When this happens, I start snoring so that I am rudely awakened by my wife. I am contemplating using a chin strap to prevent this in the future.



I have noticed that my jaw is sometimes a little sore in the morning. The soreness goes away shortly after I have been up and about, so it is just a minor annoyance. Overall, this mouthpiece has been absolutely fabulous.



I would really like to have another sleep study performed with the mouthpiece to see if it is effective for sleep apnea. If anyone reading this has had a sleep study performed using this or a similar mouthpiece, please comment to let us know if this is effective against sleep apnea. My breathing seems to be better, but it would be nice to at least have some medical evidence to back it up.

Received it quickly from Amazon. I was skeptical whether it will work or not, it does work. Here is what I did, a) I boiled the water b) Let it cool for couple of seconds c)Use the wooden stick to put the device in the water for few seconds d) Put the device in the mouth with lower and upper jaw aligned e) Blow air out, push device with your tongue and push in with your hands f) Bite the device but do not bite through the device.

Maybe I have a small mouth, but after I shaped it exactly the way they said i should it was still too big. I'd lay there at night thinking that I was going to stop breathing because it was so large that it would cut off my airway. The concept is good, but execution was poor.

I figured six bucks wasn't a big price to pay for something that might allow me to take a break from my CPAP machine. I knew that if it didn't work, I would be disappointed, but not financially destitute.



As it turns out, I've been using this thing for the last three nights and it seems to be working as a great alternative to my CPAP machine. I may invest in a chin strap as the mouth piece does sometimes become dislodged in my sleep, but the fitting was pretty easy (with instructions in broken English provided for extra hilarity).



If you've wondered if this kind of treatment might work for you, I recommend this (the cheapest mouth piece of its kind that I'd found) before spending big money on similar implements. If it does work, you may find a professionally fit upgrade to be completely worth it. But this is a good place to test the waters, so to speak.

It's too lose around my lower jaw. Upon re-heating I believe it is softer and won't hold the teeth together. Fortunately I didn't waste a lot of money on it. But it's really hard to get the right mold. If you can, I really see how this helps so many. I wish I could get it to work. My snoring is annoying.

I bought two of these, thinking they were different products as there was such a big disparity in price. They are EXACTLY the same and even when you soften them up, they are still like a big rock in your mouth and hard on my teeth. Too difficult to use, so one sits unopened and one is just sitting. I know there is a 30 day money back guarantee, but I started a new job and didnt have the time to work on it, so ....ayone want to buy the one still in plastic? lol...... - Anti Snore Device - Stop Snoring - Snoring - Snore Stopper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information