Tuesday 30 December 2008

Belts


This belt is well made and looks like it will last for many years so I'm happy with my purchase.



As per the "sizing instructions" link, I ordered this belt one size larger than my waist size and I wish I hadn't. I'm wearing my new belt on the last notch so if it stretches with age, I'll need to cut another hole. I'm guessing that Carhartt belts are generously sized to accommodate cold weather clothing.



EDIT: July 9, 2010 As predicted, the belt has stretched so I've made a new notch. Otherwise, I'm still happy with the quality of the product. Carhartt Men's Journeyman Belt- B/T,Black,48

Well made mens belt ideal for outdoors or mens casual dress. heavy duty like you expect from carhart.The leather is not stiff and dry nor is it too soft and not durable. The quality of perfectly tanned leather and excellent craftsmanship is apparent.

Never really go wrong with the quality and craftsmanship of a Carhartt product. This is a real nice made belt, you can change the buckle too if you wish. You just have to buy another buckle. I buy nothing but Carhartt now, great for work and everyday bumming around. Bought my last belt at that K mart store and what a piece of junk compared to this belt. You work hard and deserve better, go buy yourself a nice belt that you will have for years. I like to buy a bigger size belt and use a leather hole punch to make more holes. I got a size bigger that I'm supposed to go, but thats just me. I'm a 44 waist but I order a size 48 belt. This belt for me would have been just fine at 46. But I like my belts a little bigger.



I ordered another Carhartt belt, got to wait to receive it. Very happy with my purchase.

I have bought and used dozens of belts over the years but never seen on delaminate which is what my Carhartt belt is doing after less than 6 months of use. There is a laminated layer on the leather and it is chipping off on both the top and the lower edges of the belt. It reminds me of the cheap shiny belts with a layer of plastic that over time.



I have tanned leather belts that I bought decades ago while in college and they are still intact. It seems harder and harder to get good quality goods and not have corners cut to make short term gains at the expense of customers. Very disappointing considering that Carthartt is supposed to be making clothing for job use which should be more durable than most and instead it is cheap c**p.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the belt. It is a full grain (twice as thick and durable) tanned leather belt. It is a full 1-1/4" wide and perfect for jeans. Buckle has a slight double bend that helps the leather belt slide through - a very nice design touch.



It is a "chocolate" brown and not a tan or red-brown like so many of the "brown" belts being sold. The sizes are accurate and Carhartt provides enough length that a 34" belt will fit with a couple holes to spare for use with heavier pants or to leave room for future growth.



Highly recommended.

I didn't have any surprises with this purchase. The belt is of the quailty you'd expect with the Carhatt name. It is tough and well made. I have tried other makers belts and have found them made of thinner and stiffer leather AND their sizing was WAY off (4 sizes smaller). Carhatt might be a bit more expensive, but trust me, you won't be sorry.

I've owned a couple of these belts over the years and the quality has remained the same. They are well built and last, even with me putting knife cases, meter cases and drill hangers on them. I will continue to buy them.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Belts Belts Belts