Sunday 28 December 2008

Home Security - motion sensor, home security


I order three of these, they where much cheaper than hiring an electrician for the dark areas in my old house. I am blown away by the light this little box throws off. I put on one my front porch, to light up the screen and front door for my daughter at night - lights up the WHOLE porch. I put one on the top step of a very dark and steep basement stairway - I can see all the way down the stairs. I put the last one in my sons closet - now I can see that it needs to be cleaned! They are very sensitive to motion, and have a high pick up range. I would guess it to be at least four to five feet - and 180 degrees at that! It will stay on for as long as it senses motion, and then shuts down about thirty seconds after you leave the area (saving the battery life). It is not adjustable, mounts flat to the wall (or where ever you are putting it)with one small screw. The design in the back allows you to take it off the screw when ever you need it to be portable. I took one to the chicken coop - light up a large area as I was walking in the yard and illuminated the whole chicken house. I am so impressed, I am buying three more. Will be great for the garage, the hallway, and the upstairs staircase. I can just imagine how handy they will be during a power-outage (I live in the North East - we get a lot of those). I know they have replaced my flashlight, rather than a single beam...they give of a 180 degree, half circle of BRIGHT, BRIGHT light. I love them! One warning - do NOT touch the small plastic casing over the motion sensor - it will pop right off. Not a big deal, I unscrewed the unit and glued it back into place. My three year old thought it was an on and off button - not so. The controls are in the back. You have three choices, On, Off, and Auto. Makes it handy to be able to have a choice! SE Wireless Motion Sensor Light - 10 Super-Bright LED

Wanted this light for a dark restaurant hallway leading to a freezer room which has no lighting in the evening. Its been over two weeks and the original batteries I installed are still working...dont know how much longer they'll last but its doing great so far! Very bright light and turns on immedately as i enter the hallway so I am a happy camper!

These work very well. There were two to a package. The first I installed alkaline batteries and the other was equipped with 2900ma rechargeables. Both are going strong.



Given the price and free shipping from Amazon, these things are 5 stars.

A very worthwhile purchase and I plan to purchase additonal units.

Hi. This was advertised as having a light sensor that would keep it from coming on during the day if it's light in the area the unit is in. Not true, it comes on irregardless of the light conditions. It works fine. It has enough

light in the evening to see the floor. In this respect, it works great. The motion detector senses movement quickly as you approach it. It serves my purpose, even though it'll cost more for batteries.

This little lite packs a big light, now you can see whats what in the dark. This is cool looking & easy to install & use. Has about a 12 foot detection range. Comes with velcro mounting tape so you can pull it on/off the door/wall so you can adjust control accordingly. Yeah, it would have been nice if they had put the on-auto-off switch on the side instead of the back..... oh well maybe next time, & then maybe next time it will get 5 stars :)

This light is my second try to add light to a dark pantry and closet. This little motion activated light is vastly better than others for three big reasons. It is brighter, stays on a decent length of time and can be mounted with either the included velcro pad that has sticky backs for attachment to the wall and the back of the light, or it can be hung on a nail or hook. This means it's easy to take down to replace the batteries when needed. So far, it's done just what I wanted and I've even ordered three more for other locations.



The light is about 3" square and relatively flat so it goes in lots of places like my linen closet where it won't interfere with items stored in there. It comes on instantly when I open the closet door and illuminates the space really well while I hunt for the item I want. Previously I'd tried two lights that I needed to turn on, but found I forgot to turn them off and the batteries ran out quickly. The first motion sensitive light I tried was an odd shape and stuck out into the closet space, plus there is a small amount of light from the hallway available when I opened the closet which was too much for its need for darkness. This one comes on in either light or dark situations.



If you need to brighten up a dimly lit closet or other small space, I highly recommend this unit over others. I bought three different types and find this is the sleekest so fits best in a small area without taking up much space and it is the most effective for that application.



Update 3/14/11 Have mounted the three additional units I purchased. None included the sticky velcro pad like the first did, but luckily I had some velcro tape on hand to meet that need. They work as well as the first and I'm very happy with them. Now thinking about other dark spaces I've just put up with in the past, but don't have to anymore.

SE Wireless Motion Sensor Light - 10 Super-Bright LED

While it worked it was nice. I placed this near my cat's litter box to help her see it at night. She is 20, has cataracts and has an increasingly difficult time getting around in the dark. I set the unit up with a brand new set of batteries and everything was great. After 4 nights the unit was incredibly dim. I couldn't believe it. I turned it off during the day so this was purely night time "auto" use. I tried changing batteries and it was bright again. I think an "environmentally friendly" item shouldn't be burning through 273 batteries a year (what it will be if I keep using it).



2nd set of 3 batteries from a different pack run down completely in only 3 nights >:( I am returning for a refund.



My recommendation is save your money to buy something more efficient in its battery use. Unless of course you own stock in a battery manufacturer.



Amazon gave me a full refund 1/19/11 5 stars to them at least. - Motion Sensor - Closet Light - Home Security - Led Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information