Sunday 28 December 2008

Fiber Optic


Maybe SF Planet had a decent cable as pictured at one point, but mine was a very thin cable (think wire thickness) and does NOT have the heavy jacket as pictured and described - more like 2.5mm NOT 5mm. It IS inexpensive and works, (so far, if it gets a little strain I wonder) but don't go with this one if you want a decent quality cable. Maybe other sellers listing under this item actually has one with a heavy jacket, but how can you be sure? Optical Digital Audio Cable 6Ft.

I bought two of these awhile ago. They worked and have not failed yet. I'm not sure about the quality because I don't have them hooked up to an expensive sound system but they are not very thick cables.

After playing on my PS3 I noticed I wasn't getting any sound and after reviewing a few possibilities online I saw it was the audio optical cable, now the question was which one should I buy since there were so many different ones to choose from. Than I saw this for the affordable price of $2.50 dollars and decided to purchase this item though many friends and some reviewers were saying not to, after receiving the cables and plugging them in the test run throughout the night showed me that my choice was the correct one. The cable itself was amazingly thin about the thinness of a earphone wire and I was sure they would be damaged, but their versatility and durability showed they could take a small smidgen of abuse and still work. There's not much more to really tell the cable ends are pretty much the same as with all audio optical cables I think the only difference is the thickness of the optical audio cable itself and the price of the cable. All I can say is if you need an audio optical cable to replace your other one don't pay $10.00 to $18.00 dollars for one when there is a much more affordable and just as good cable right here for you to get...

The cables arrived in about 4-5 days. They snapped right into my HDTV and receiver with no problems and the sound quality is amazing!! No reason to pay any more than $0.01. I shopped around, the cheapest I could find in the local stores was $29.99

When looking for a fiberoptic cable I had two criteria: I wanted a cheap cable and I wanted it to work well. Well, digital signals like a fiberoptics cable are either all or nothing, either the signal gets through or it doesn't, there's no difference in quality of the signal. For that reason there's simply no reason to spend a lot of money. However, after reading countless reviews of other products, one glaring problem kept arising: that the cables wouldn't snap into place. Hence the reason I chose this cable, out of 4 reviews, 3 of them specifically stated that the cables fit snugly, and now that number is 4 out of 5. This cable snaps right into place, actually a little better than the cable I bought from best buy for $30+ a few years back. There's no having to "tape it into place" as I've read in reviews other products and the cable is just as thick as the other cable I have as well. All in all, I got this cable for less than $3.00 delivered to my door, it locks into place and works great. In case you were wondering, I have it going from my xbox 360 to my yamaha receiver. If you're looking for a great, cheap cable that won't come loose, stop looking and buy this one, or keep looking if you want, whatever floats your boat.

You can pay around 20.00 at Wal-Mart for a cable such as this. Sure they might be maid better but I do not think that effects the sound.I read some other reviews that said these plugs would not snap into place. I did not have such a problem. I have a 40' Samsung flat-panel with a Samsung Home theatre system. I run the optical cable from my TV to my home theatre. I hook my X-Box360 to my TV, via an HDMI cord. This way I have surround for my cable as well as for my gaming system.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fiber Optic Fiber Optic Fiber Optic