Saturday 26 September 2009

Bellaonline Recommended - kids, childrens headphones


I bought these headphones before my 2 year old daughter and I were flying cross-country. I tried to get her used to them before the plane ride. I probably should have used them longer before getting on the plane. On the plane she did fine on the way out and even fell asleep with them on. On the way home, she would only wear them for about 20 minutes. I think it was the novelty she did not like, but overall I was happy with the purchase and would recommend these headphones. Just use them a bit before you actually need them to get your child used to them.



By the way since there is no picture, these are kid size headphones. Each earpiece looks like a panda. Califone Kids Stereo and PC Headphone (2810-PA)

Second pair of headphones for kids we have bought, the first being the highly rated Kidz Gear Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids that our now 6 year old uses. When these arrived, of course the older kid liked the looks better (has animal figures and the Kidz Gear are not that cutesy) and even tried to tell me hers were broken! :)



I wanted to try a different brand since I always thought the Kidz Gear sounded terrible (very muffled, like you were listening with cotton stuck in your ears)



So these arrive, and yes they are cute. They also seem to be a little sturdier (although that has not been a problem to date with the Kidz Gear as they are still working after many intl/overnight flights) and maybe almost TOO inflexible in some parts, as the fit doesn't seem to be as good as the Kidz Gear, which conform a little better to the shape of the head.



So back to the sound quality: I am not trying to raise audiophiles, but on the other hand, why submit very low fidelity sound to your kids, especially given that many of the songs they are hearing for the first time? Also knowing that it's certainly possible to produce a headphone that sounds 2x better than these at the same cost. The earbuds that came with several phones and mp3 players as freebies sound MUCH better than both of these phones.



So, yes I am being picky, and I do realize that most parents just don't care about sound quality themselves in many cases, much less for the kids, but I am not one of those parents. Would you want to buy glasses for your kids that are hazy and unclear?



Anyway, I give three stars PRIMARILY based on sound quality, which is poor, at best. Construction seems OK, price is OK I guess, but I will continue my search.



Will update here if I find the Holy Grail of children's headphones. :)

These headphones are great and my kids love them. I would give them 5 stars, but my kids seem to be a little rough on them and they've pulled the cords out of the volume control a couple times. I've re-soldiered the connections and they still work great, but I wish that connection was reinforced a little better or the volume control was relocated to a better spot.

These are the best!!! I bought these for my 18 month old before we were about to take a long airplane flight. We tried them out for about a week, before we left. She loved them. Wore them on the plane, they fit perfect. Buy these, worth it!

We purchased these for a 12 hour plane ride. They were an absolute life saver. They were comfortable enough that my 2 year old didn't mind wearing them. She thought they were really cute and was excited to wear them. These have now been in use for almost a year and are most often used with my daughters Mp3 player. They've been dropped about a thousand times and been heavily used. I'm amazed that they've held up so well. They are still working just like day 1. The sound quality isn't as nearly as good as my personal headphones but for the comfort and durability it's well worth the trade.

I purchased these for my 6 year old daughter. They fit her very nicely and work well with her iPod touch and portable DVD player. She loves the panda design. I put them on to try and the sound quality is surprisingly pretty good. Defiantly good enough for younger kids. We had the Sony before in pink and these have better sound. My only concern is with the volume control, it is hard to turn up and down. You need to get your fingernail perfectly in the grove to rotate it up or down. Other than that, I would definitely recommend these.

Purchased for 5 year old grandson. We spend lots of time in the car and hearing the same movie over and over, well, you know. He loves them and has shown them to his friends who all think the panda earphones are totally cool. He may grow out of the cuteness and I hope they last awhile, but for now - using them 2 months - he's having a great time and the adults in the front seat are loving it too. - Toddler - Kids - Childrens Headphones - Headphones'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information