Sunday 27 September 2009

Upright Vacuums - upright vacuum, upright vacuums


We call my wife the Vacuum Lady.All she does is Vacuum .When she gets home from work the first thing she does is grab the vacuum. We've had our 5 amp professional Eureka Vacuum since 1977. Although it's pretty beaten up it is still running fine.I wanted to buy her a new one. We bought a new Eureka lightweight and brought it back the next day. The sound was too high pitched and it felt like a toy vacuum.The brush is made out of plastic. In fact with all my research I found out that most are plastic not metal like the Eureka C2094G .The metal ones last forever. Now we finally found the exact replacement the Eureka Heavy Duty Commercial Series . It has a 50 foot cord and that's the longest you will find.Instead of putting all extras and accessories into the vacuum it is just pure raw power .If you want a vacuum that lasts 25 years this is it. Eureka C2094G Heavy Duty Cloth Bag Upright Commercial Vacuum

I used to work in vacuum repair and this vacuum is fantastic. It is tough and it should withstand a fair bit of abuse, and when it comes to cleaning carpet, it will do at least as good a job as many of the far more expensive vacuums. I wanted to get this vacuum for my wife a year ago, but she insisted on a B*ssel for $90, and she has regreted it. Now that I got her this one (I didn't give her an option this time), she wishes she had listened to me last year. She loves it.



This vacuum holds much in common with the S*nitaire commercial vacuum series (i.e. 600 & 800 series). In fact, it uses many of the exact same parts as the S*nitaires. The part numbers are also the same. The majority of parts are interchangeable and very inexpensive. The single most expensive replacement part is the motor, and a careful shopper can find it online for around $60. The disturbulator (beater bar) bearings are easily replaceable (and inexpensive) should the need arise, and replacement wheels and switches are VERY cheap ($2.66 for a rear wheel, $4.44 for a front wheel, and about $6 for a switch). Cord retainers do break, and that may be the weakest part of the vacuum, but a replacement set is only $6.61.



The vacuum is simple to repair and maintain. The most complicated task is changing the fan should it ever break. This involves a Philips head and possibly a T15 torx (if I remember correctly). Two screws underneath hold the cover on, and then four screws (I think) hold the motor in place. Take the motor out, then remove the pulley (it screws off backwards, I believe), change the fan, and reverse the process. If the foam gasket on the bottom of the motor breaks or is useless, it is easily replaceable as well. If you don't have a replacement gasket handy, then bead some silicon caulking around the base, then remount the motor, but you won't be able to use the vacuum until the caulking cures, which should be left alone overnight.

This is not the most beautiful machine in the world but it sure gets the job done. I had owned a very basic version of this type of vacuum before and gave it away. I kick myself everyday for that. These are the only vacuums that I have found that get all of the dog hair out of my berber carpet and that is not an easy task. I hope I will never own any other type of vacuum again so I hope Eureka keeps on making these for many years to come.

OK, let me keep this short. In the past 11 years, I have gone through 5 vacuum cleaners. Most of these machines were flimsy, awkward, poorly designed, dirty, noisy, and just burnt out after awhile. I've been looking for a vacuum that will LAST me and one that actually CLEANS carpets the proper way. I don't care about "bagless cyclonic action" or "horsepower" ratings(which don't mean a thing anyway). Nor do I want a machine that looks like it came from outer space, that weighs about a ton, and features attachments that I'll never even use... I mean I just want a machine that does what it's name implies-VACUUMS. Well, I finally found it in the Eureka C209...



Just for the record, this is sold primarily as a commercial vacuum(for hotels, businesses, etc) so you're not going to find this thing in the aisles at Wal*Mart or JC Penney. Being fed up with the mass-market cleaners, I went to a local independent vacuum store to purchase this. Yes, it is pricey, but you get what you pay for. This is *STRICTLY* a carpet machine. There are no hoses, attachments, or other gadgets included. The 50ft power cord is more than enough to reach into many areas of my home. There are six different positions to set the cleaner to the proper height, for vacuuming everything from old shag carpeting to low-pile berber. It is a little noisy, but that doesn't concern me. There are no filters to clog, and no hoses with strange twists and turns that always seem to plug up... This is the type of machine your mother used to have--the way they USED to build them. The kind that lasts you 30 years, not the throw-away vacuums that flood the market today. Is it worth every penny? YOU BET. This should be the last machine I'll ever need. Solid construction, metal body, and chrome parts ensure a long life. Try it and see for yourself. Even Consumer Reports said that most vacuums today are just cheap, throw-away toys. Go for this and you'll never look back. Thanks Eureka! I'm finally happy, and what a difference it made in my carpets!

This vacuum came in a fairly small box and was easily assembled in about 10 minutes. This cleaner doesn't have any hoses or attachments, but is just a basic, old-fashioned vacuum cleaner. All the parts are heavy duty and it is solidly constructed. This is the best vacuum I have ever owned.

I have never owned a vac that worked as well as this one. I purchased a Eureka hand held vac to use for cleaning stairs and corners, but this vac does an amazing job at just cleaning carpet. I decided to get rid of my bagless vacuum because it was too dirty to clean, and the filters needed to be washed every time I vacuumed. I found this at Sams*Club for 140 delivered. It is well made and is definately a vacuum to last a couple of decades. - Cleaning - Sweeper - Upright Vacuums - Upright Vacuum'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information