Wednesday 30 September 2009

Laptop Power Adapters - computer accessories, hp ac adapter


It works... that's about all I can really say about it.



However...

It overheats if its charging an empty/partially drained battery. But if it's just powering a fully charged battery, it's ok. Otherwise, it can literally burn your hand. It got to the point of letting off a melting plastic smell. Not what I would call safe.



As for the cables, extremely short. Keep your old cable that plugs into the outlet. Even the adapter end cable is still really short compared to the OEM version.



And DO NOT TRUST THE PICTURE!!! What you see is NOT what you get. Mine is double the size of what's shown, flimsy plastic construction, weak. It works... that's what I can say. Everything else is just plain bad. 65W Laptop AC Adapter for HP Pavilion DV6 DV7 Series, G60 G60T G70 G70T Series G60-120US G60-125NR G60-230US G60-235DX G70-250US

Honestly, the product is working just fine. However, I have to say there's a bit of false advertisement here, whether it is an accident or some weird mix up. The product page specifies a 90w, 19v 4.74amps power supply. What I got was rated 65w, 18.75v 3.5amp.



Amazon, tell the guy selling this to fix their ad. Sure it works, but if my computer were to ever use up that 65w, then it'll be random shutdown time. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Expect a follow up...

I ordered a replacement charger for my laptop...they mailed me the wrong size. I called them and requested the correct charger. They said I had to go to the post office, mail back the wrong charger...and pay for return postage, then they would mail me the correct charger (2-3 weeks). What a complete waste of time. I went to Best Buy and got what I needed that afternoon.

I just purchased the 65 Watt AC adapter for my HP DV7 and in 2 weeks the ac adapter died without notice. It was delivered fast and it did work good for 2 weeks. I dont know what phone number or who to contact to get it replaced under some sort of warranty?

The charger works perfectly with my computer. The cable from the adapter to the wall is shorter than the original one, so you may want to keep the old one if it works and you want the longer length. Otherwise, just perfect. Great price for the product!

I purchased this a/c adapter. On the initial plug in.... within 20 mins the charger was so hot, it burned my ankle when i brushed it on accident! My husband didnt believe me, picked it up and dropped it because it was so hot. We immediately unplugged the thing and once it was cool, there was obvious signs of the heat. the labels had started to boil and bubble up!!! THANKFULLY i did not go to bed with it plugged in all night because who knows what could have happened. I do not advise purchasing this a/c adapter. - Computer Accessories - Hp Ac Adapter - Hp Laptop Charger - Hp Pavilion'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • hp ac adapter
  • ,
  • hp pavilion
  • ,
  • hp laptop charger
  • ,
  • computer accessories