Wednesday 30 September 2009

Super Saver Shipping - glass cleaner, stoner


Good product. I got it mainly for the inside windshield on my SUV because it's so hard to get into the corners. This did well for that, but after I used it, thought I was done and put it away I noticed that it did streak. It took using it a couple times to get it right, but now my windshield looks great. I think the problem is that it's hard to get firm pressure on the entire "triangle" cleaning pad. Stoner 95161 Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool

So by now all of us have seen the infomercial on a similar piece of hardware to clean our windshields. However I do not tend to buy from TV and thus I came looking on AMAZON. I found this item and it looked a bit better from the one on TV...simply because of the triangular shape in the front which actually does help you to reach the corners of the front windshield.



We have all cleaned windshields and simply put, the front ones are a pain in the neck. You can never reach all the way down without some sort of acrobatic movements. This tool makes it easy...spray the windshield with your favorite glass cleaner and clean it... Yes, it does take a few passes to make it 100% clean. I mean...sit down and use this thing...your back will be thankful and cleaning the car will not be a chore anymore...



The grip is nice and comfortable which makes this feel like a high quality item. It comes with one microfiber and two mesh covers...which are washable and re-usable. The mesh is for hard scrubbing.. :-) where as the microfiber gives it a great finish.



I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone that cleans their own vehicle.

You have probably seen ads on TV for the "Windshield Wonder". That product is a piece of junk compared to this one. It is well-made, has a more convenient shape for corners, and better quality covers. You can even mount it to a standard paint roller extension handle for getting at high windows without the need of a stepladder. Excellent product!

I purchased one of these at the local Meijer, who had it on sale for a mere $ 9.99. I have used the Stoner glass cleaning products for years, and I have found them to be the best products I've ever used for cleaning glass & mirrors, bar none.



This device just isn't sturdy enough to do a decent job, especially in regards to cleaning interior auto windows. Due to an oddly placed hinge, lack of head rigidity, and a need for more padding in the head itself; it is really difficult to produce enough force to properly clean with this product. I have had much better results cleaning glass surfaces with devices with fixed, rigid handles as opposed to this flexible, hinged design. The overall quality of the device itself is quite good, but the practical usage of it doesn't produce acceptable result.



A give the Stone Invisible Glass cleaning products a thumbs up (a HUGE thumbs-up, in fact), but this item gets a thumbs down, as well as a return for a refund.

This windshield cleaner does the job. It's great for getting into the corners and along all the hard to reach spots on windshields. Especially on those sloped interior windshields most modern cars have. On the inside, it's the way to go. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Is it necessary....no. Is it useful...very. I have a very sloped windshield that makes it difficult to get to the bottom of and clean. This tool works great for that. I use a number of Stoner products and you can't go wrong with them.

This item works well to clean inside scum off car windows. I like the triangular shape which makes it easier to get into the

corners of front windshield and back glass. I used this with automotive glass window cleaner, although instructions state

that plain water can be used. My favorite is still the old fashioned sheepskin chamois, but it requires more "elbow grease",

body contortions, and shaping to reach inside glass corners. The Stoner tool is quicker, almost as good at cleaning, and

does not require the prep (wetting, wringing, washing) of a standard chamois.

The tool is OK, it leaves streaks because the pads are thin and not very absorbent. The plastic construction is weak and does not allow you much pressure. However, it is handy for those hard to reach places.

I bought this tool specifically to use on the inside of windshields. I'm pretty sick of the contortions necessary to wash the inside. I saw an ad and decided what the heck. You can buy it from the manufacturer for the same price but they charge for shipping. I also bought the cleaner sold with the tool to give it every advantage (it's pricey), but I'd guess that any decent window cleaner would work just as well. Oh, that's right, this is a review..... As I began to clean the inside of my windshield, I was a little skeptical at how well this was going to work. But, it does make getting into the corners and along the edges (sides and top and bottom) easier. And after having driven post clean-up (the only real test in my opinion), it really did do a nice job. So.... I can't speak for the tools' efficiency at jobs other than the windshield, but I'd certainly recommend it for that. - Stoner - Handle - Glass Care - Glass Cleaner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information