Thursday 24 September 2009

Reusable Swim Diaper


I have found the product wonderfull....

I thought I would help other buyers by adding some info on the product....

Small 10-18lbs, Medium 18-22lbs, Large 22-25lbs, X-Large 25-30lbs, 3T 30-38lbs, 4T 38-46lbs, UPF 50+, PVC Free Eco Friendly, 100% Polyester..... HAVE FUN SWIMMING iPlay Swim Diaper - White, 12 Months

Maybe this is a good product? I guess I will find out in 6 months or so? I was suspicious when I ordered this when the size chart was for generic Amazon "baby" sizes, but took a chance anyway. That was a mistake. Now I have a swim diaper that won't fit till my girl gains a good 6 pounds. WTG Amazon.



Here is the size chart from the actual product tag:



Small: 10-18 pounds; 6-months

Medium: 18-22 pounds; 12 months

Large: 22-25 pounds; 18 months

X-Lrge: 25-30 pounds; 24 months

I used these diapers with my son for 5 months last year, in both swimming pools and a fresh water lake. He weighed around 25-28lbs and wore 18mo sized pants for most of that time, so the Large fit perfectly - you Have to have a snug fit in the legs. They are a bit sheer when wet, but the padding in the crotch area make it still ok to use w/o swim trunks over them if you forget them.



Most important - THEY DO HOLD IN POO! Between my husband and I, we had at least 3 big poos over the summer - and the diapers NEVER LEAKED POO. That being said, because you have to peel the diaper down off the kid, it is almost impossible to get the poopy diapers off w/o a bit of a mess. But at least you don't have to worry about causing a health crisis/shutting down the local pool b/c of a poo leak.



They wash easily, and even survive a few accidental runs through the dryer. We took swim lessons 2-3 times a week, and only needed 3 diapers to get us through the summer.



One last note - don't change into the swim diaper until you are ready to get in the pool. Like all swim diapers, they are designed to hold in the poo, not urine. So if he wets himself on the way to the pool wearing the swim diaper, everything is going to get soaked.

Wonderful product. When our neighborhood pool started requiring a swim diaper and rubber pants for any child under 4, I was a little anxious as our 2-yr old was already potty trained and was worried about all the layers and her being confused about wearing pants now. I love how this product is all-in-one so she just can wear these under her suit. Not terribly bulky, washes well and you save money buy not having to buy the disposable swim diapers. Bought another pair for my 6-mo old as well.

We bought this swim diaper after borrowing a friends Wee Wave swim diaper, which we loved. I liked this one because it was white, and didn't have any silly patterns on it. It fits my 20 lb daughter well, especially around the legs. She has used it a lot, as my parents have a pool, and we are staying here for the summer. My only complaint is, the whole diaper isn't lined as well as the part around the crotch is. But, it has kept in several potentially disastrous, ummm, events, shall we say. On the whole, it has been a great buy.

We bought this swim diaper along with the Bummis and Flap Happy brands for my 12 month old. This swim diaper definitely is the best in terms of padding/absorbancy, sizing, and leak-proofing.

The other two brands, in comparison, just have mesh linings whereas the iPlay has something similar to a cloth diaper lining inside in addition to the mesh, plus elastic around the top & legs. I thought the outside of this diaper was going to just be regular cloth like the Flap Happy brand, but it's actually more like a water resistant shell. I really trust this diaper on its own in the pool versus the other two.

There is also a really cute little blue accent tag at the top.

I do like the styles/patterns of the other two swim diapers (black sharks on the Flap Happy and blue clown fish on the Bummis) but this diaper seems to be the best quality and leakproof, which is what really matters.

the swim diapers them selves are great. the sizing is not accurate. my daughter is 13 months and about 20 pounds and the large size were too small on her.



the good news is that when i called amazon to let them know about the size issue, they refunded my money no questions asked. amazon rocks!!!!

This diaper does the job of preventing pool accidents, and in white it is unobtrusive under all of my daughter's swimsuits. I'm a little confused by the review that said the small (10-18lbs) was too small for her 14lb. baby. My 7-month-old is currently 17+ pounds, and the small still fits fine, although I just ordered the medium for her to move up to soon. Note that the diaper is supposed to be tight around the legs and waist; it wouldn't keep anything in otherwise! I will say that I have a fairly tall baby at 28 inches, so if yours is more of a chunk, I suppose you MIGHT need to size up.

This is hands down the best swim diaper we have ever used (and after 3 kids I have used A LOT of swim diapers). It doesn't leave red marks on my son's legs and completely contains messes. I love that I can just toss it in the wash with all the swim stuff and don't have to find a trash can as I leaving the pool. The inside is a soft cotton terry instead of netting. A++ product!

LOVE this swim diaper, I don't know why we didn't do it sooner! We use cloth diapers (fuzzi bunz) and overall are happy with those. I used Huggies swimmie diapers for the pool, figured it was more sanitary in case of an accident, but always seems to give the boys (now ages 2 and 6 months) a bad rash, probably the chemicals mixed with chlorine. So finally bought these last month and am so happy! So worth every penny and they will save us in the long run, too. We haven't had a big pooh in them, but I have no doubt they'd work just as well as any disposable. I bought four pairs so we'd have an extra for each kiddo while at the pool just incase. I wash them on warm with the boys' clothes and then line dry, they do great! They do run pretty small I'd say, I was surprised. We got medium and they fit both a kids well (17lbs and about 20lbs). Our two year old is VERY small for his age and he'll probably be in a large soon. I'd highly recommend them to any one, it's a great alternative to the cost of disposables, plus it's easier on a kiddo's bum, AND it's more green. Can't go wrong.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Reusable Swim Diaper Reusable Swim Diaper Reusable Swim Diaper