Wednesday 30 September 2009

Chainsaw Sharpeners


Picked this up to have a secondary grinder to my outdated foley-belsaw. I like that it is extremely similar to the oregon, but alot cheaper in cost. I had to re-tap one screw hole that holds blade guard on due to overzealous paint application and also grind off an aluminum casting nipple that was still on the bottom of the main body that interfered with tilting the chain vise to its forward 10 degree tilt. Those are my only complaints. To me it is very easy to adjust to my different pitch chains. It even comes with 3 grinding wheels for the different pitch chains, more expensive grinders don't even do that! I did not like that it was not made in USA, but the almost all grinders are either made in china or italy. By the way, I got mine from Tractor Supply Company for $129.99 regular price. Hope this helps. Timber Tuff CS-BWM Benchtop / Wall Mount Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener

I recieved this as a Xmas gift in 2010... (Thanks Son) The instruction manual is poorly written, but does have a good chain manufacture angle table near the last page so I gave it 4 stars... However, anyone who is semi mechanically inclined will throw it together in no time... It comes with everything you'll need, plus three grinding wheels for different size chains... Prior to this I always had two chains... One on the chainsaw, and one at the local sharpener shop being touched up... This unit is by far the best way to go if you want to maintain your chainsaw chains yourself, and save a few bucks in the long haul... With care in the initial wheel, and angle selections you'll be an expert chainsaw sharpener guy in no time...(Haha) Quick, and accurate is the bottom line on this sharpener... But be aware, this is not a toy grinder, so don't be afraid to wear eye protection while operating it... Plus be careful of the chain teeth as you go because their going to be razor sharp... No extra charge for the safety tip... ~Enjoy~

I received this chain sharpener as a gift a couple of months ago and had my first experience with it this week. As a novice chain sharpener, I would have ranked this unit higher if it were not for the instruction manual. The ease of use of the sharpener is excellent. I was able to assemble it in about a half-an-hour, my only complaint was that one of the plastic guard holes was not drilled accurately and I had to work to get the bolt in. Learning to use the unit however, was an exercise in frustration. The manual is very, very poorly written and the figures are almost, but not quite, worthless. I finally gave up trying to make sense of the instructions and used the chain data to figure out the settings for the sharpener. This took about another half-hour. Once I figured it out, I was able to sharpen two chains in ten minutes. The unit is very quiet, smooth in operation and precise in its cuts. Not bad considering this was the first time I have ever tried this. Overall, this seems like an excellent unit and will probably save me a fortune in chains. For first time users - beware of the instruction manual - it is poor at best.

Overall, a well-constructed sharpener at a great price........

Like others, I discovered the wheel guard screw holes are out-of-line, so I slotted the hole mounting to the motor. The M5-0.8 screw for the other end of the guard is too short when changing the wheel and the guard falls off--use a 16 mm. length M5-0.80, instead. The hub of the rotating blade angle device has casting burrs that make angle change difficult-disassemble and file the mating surfaces for a smoother rotation. And, finally, the "lock screw" for the chain advance stop does not lock--add a nylock nut to the bolt to secure the adjustment.



These are "minor" defects that any machinist can remedy and does not decrease the value of this device. The overall quality and appearance is striking and I really like the "pea green" color.....



Does it sharpen a chain ??? Perfectly.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Chainsaw Sharpeners Chainsaw Sharpeners Chainsaw Sharpeners