Sunday 27 September 2009

Photography Equipment - canon, camera lens cover


It does the job. You may be able to find cheaper ones but take it from me, that's not always the best way to go. I bought a $3 cap previously and it was cheaply made. The threads were messed up on it and it didn't attach to the threads on my adapter well at all. It did not stay on to good which, unless I'm mistaken, is the entire purpose for a lens cap. This cap is NOT a replacement for the slip on cap that comes with the S2/S3 cameras. It is made for use with an adapter and UV/filter lens. Canon E-58U 58mm Snap-On Accessory Lens Cap

The Canon 58mm lens cap fits the Canon conversion lens adapter very well and stays on well on my S5is. A complaint on the S5 is that the lens cap falls off too easily, but that is a safety precaution to not damage the lens if the camera is powered up and forgetting the cap is still on. With the LAH-DC20 adapter in place the camera is extended past the lens when powered on so a much more secure cap can be put on. This is the cap for that job! Be sure to get a stick-on style lens leash to attach to this cap, because it does not come with provision for a strap.

Let me start by saying, there seems to be a misconception this cap is specifically for the S series cameras; it is for ANY Canon camera that can support 58mm adapters, filters etc.



-The S1/2/3 feature a pop-on cap and this is NOT a pop-on cap. Therefore the E-58U will not fit as the "original" cap does.



-The S5 uses this "style" of cap, and is about the same size (overall), but as stated above, the E-58U is NOT an OEM replacement cap. The S5 OEM cap is roughly a 47mm cap, because the locking tabs are positioned farther in (to match the inner diameter of the S5's "trim ring"). That means the OEM cap size is 11mm smaller compared to the E-58U, which is the reason the E-58U will not fit as the S5's OEM cap does.



This cap is designed to fit into either a lens adapter, filter, or lens with threads; which would be mounted to the camera. The locking tabs of the cap have threads on them, which are designed to lock into threads.



One thing the "default image" does not show very well, is the color of the lettering: "Canon" is silver and "Ultrasonic" is a brassy-gold. The letters also have a slight sheen to them.



The only minor drawback to this cap is the lack of a tether or a hole to accept one. However, there are a couple solutions to this, one of which was discovered by a fellow reviewer-

"M. Nascimento: Purchase a Lens Cap String with the 2 sided round tape button that you attach to the front of the lens cap."







In closing-



If you are looking for a "replacement" S series factory cap, this cap is NOT for you.



If you have 58mm threaded filters, step rings, lenses, or a 58mm lens adapter and need a snug fitting cap, this is a great one!

I bought it recently, and found it perfect for my canon G9, as it fits properly to the conversion lens adapter(LA-DC58H) and protects my lens. Another good news, if you are using any filter it snaps perfectly on the top of your filter without removing the filter from the adapter.

I was amazed at the ease of use of this lens cap. It literally snaps RIGHT ON to the end of my camera lens, and also stays put when I move my hand away. I have to physically remove the lens cap with my hand to get it off! Protects my lens flawlessly. Terrific!

I recently lost my lens cap for my Cannon Rebel XTi. I was worried about buying this because so many reviewers said it didn't fit their Canon, but this cap fits my Rebel XTi perfectly. It's a perfect replacement for the lens cap that came with my camera.

If you've lost your lens cap on your Rebel XTi, get this lens as a replacement! :)

I got this lens cap when I ordered a close-up lens for my camera, a PowerShot S1 IS, because it was recommended as something people who ordered that part would also order. I, therefore, assumed that it went with the same camera, or with the lens/adapter I was ordering. However, it does not appear to fit either the camera itself or any of the attachments, so I now wish that I had done some more research to determine whether it would actually fit my equipment. - Canon - Canon Lens Cap - Lens Cover - Camera Lens Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information