Wednesday 30 September 2009

Usb Car Charger - car adapter, usb car charger


I used the Wagan Twin USB/DC Socket Traveler's Adapter for 6 months and found it very convenietn to have two lighter sockets and 2 USB ports. My usual configuration is to have my cell phone, gps, and notebook computer plugged in, but this last time I plugged in my laptop, the power indicator light went out and the unit smoked. I checked the fuse, which was fine, but the springs connecting the fuse had overheated and melted the surrounding plastic. Dang! Bottom line? I liked this well enough that I am back to order a replacement. Wagan Twin USB/DC Socket Traveler's Adapter

I needed an adapter to plug in my blackberry and gps in the car. This little item works perfectly. For the reviewer who said the swivel was flimsy, I did not have that problem. Its a sturdy product. I swiveled mine -gently- and I had no problem. The two usb ports are also perfectly positioned. Great item!

I really appreciate the two USB power sockets. They remove the need for a bulky charger normally put into the cigarette lighter, or in this case into the two DC sockets on the adapter. I can chage my IPOD without the bulk of the normal car charger; I can charge my DELL AXIM PDA the same way. I can also charge my cell phone, however, I've got to use the clunky car charger that comes with the phone.

I bought two of them. I bought the adapter because the DC socket built into the car stopped working. Using this adapter was a helluva lot cheaper than having a Toyota dealer try to fix the built-in DC socket outlet.

it is the perfect dual/usb charger for a car where it lets you plug 2 Dc chargers and 2 USB chargers.



i have played music thru ipod touch connected via DC socket and charged my blackberry using the USB port and talking on the phone... i haven't seen any disturbance or quality issues on the phone or on the music being played thru the aux port.



Swivel is alright, though could have done better but is a good in-built option



overall perfect charger for the car.

HIGHLY NOT!!! RECOMMENDED. I bought this item, it broke the first day I used it. Amazon was kind enough to send me a replacement right away and that item broke in a few months later and fused out. The make and material of this item is a piece of crap, really flimsy, and cheap. I was glad to smash it with a bat after it broke.



Summary, you get what you pay for.

I bought 2 sets of this for my car and my wife's car. But both of them were broken within a month. The joint was tilt and seemed to be useful, but two adapters set on this, this joint could not hold their weight and broken.



I don't recommend this products and never buy this again.

Seemed like an ideal product for my wife and me. We both have iPhones. But, when I attempted to plug my phone into the USB charger port(s), nether one worked. The cigarette lighter ports did work . So, in my case anyway, the product does not have promised functionality or I received a defective device. Caveat emptor.

This adapter looks great and the price was right. Then I opened it and it immediately broke when I plugged in an itrip. The base cracked under very little weight. The adapter still works but I needed to use duct tape to reinforce the base so that it could be used, I would not buy this again or recommend it to anyone.

The socket adapter is functional but, when tightening down the screw to make it stay at an angle so that I could see my stereo system display, the plastic plug started separating and caused the nut to spin freely and the hinge to flop. At first I thought that the nut had fallen out.



Was able to salvage it by securing a wire tie to the plug just below the hinge to keep the it from separating. Also added a second nut to maximize contact within the recessed area "designed" to keep the nut from spinning when tightening.



Nice concept but I will not buy another Wagan adapter.

This product is small and cheap and in most cases will do the job for you. The product comes as two panels fitted into each other with the circuitry in between, Very often, during a bumpy ride, the panels come apart. Putting them back together is very easy, but Wagan really should have built this to be more sturdy.

However, it works well and does not heat up or melt as some of the other reviewers mentioned. I am able to use my IPOD (through the USB) and my Garmin GPS simultaneously. - Usb Car Charger - Car Adapter - Usb Car Adapter - Ipod Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information