Tuesday 29 September 2009

Headphone Plug To Rca - adapters, cables to go


I'm so happy that this exists, and even happier that it only costs a few dollars!!! Let's you put simple but adequate computer speakers onto your TV. Great if you want better sound on a budget, or just don't want a huge fancy and EXPENSIVE home theater system, but still appreciate better sound quality.



My new HDTV has horrible speakers (guess they think everyone uses home theaters or something!), and this allows me to use computer speakers that are conveniently small and cheap, yet sound a million times better! Cables To Go 40424 Stereo F/M RCA Y-Cable (6 Inches, Black)

Currently the image shows the y cable as having gold plated contacts but it actually has the cheaper nickel plating. There was also no description of the plating to make me think otherwise. I contacted Amazon to have the image updated. The thing that bothers me is that I paid extra for this cable because I wanted the gold plate. The cheaper nickel plated cables can be found all over the place and at a lot cheaper price.

I bought this cable because my bedroom TV doesn't have a headphone jack, but I do have a cable box hooked up to it. So I will use this to connect the cable box to computer speakers(for amplification) that has a phone out(for my ear buds) so I can watch TV without disturbing the wife.

The picture on displays shows the item as gold plated for improved connection. However, the actual item is your standard connection (not gold colored at all!). As such, I would not have paid even the on sale price. You could get the same thing at the dollar store...

I should not complain as this configuration of adapter cable is difficult to find in stock. The site I usually find all my cables did not have this configuration. So I was happy to find one and very pleased not to be gouged by the price, shipping cost was greater than the cable price.



My complaint about the length is not very strong, just be aware that mini jack cord basically needs to be long enough to almost reach the RCA plugs.



All in all though it was a good buy

Great for connecting speakers to TV, but I didnt realize that it would only work when playing DVDs! or if i connect to cable box. IF you want stereo from both your tv speakers and stereo for more of a surround sound while watching tv off your computer, you also ned a normal stereo-rca cable. But, works great and fine quality for the price - Headphone Plug To Rca - Adapters - Cables To Go - Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information