Sunday 27 September 2009

Gps System Accessories - dashboard mount, sd memory card


This disc is a replacement for the original that shipped with the Arkon dashboard mount (for my radar detector.)



I had originally ordered my mount with an included disc. Because the detector was to be used in two cars ordered an extra disc (AP020) from Arkon. The second disc was of slightly different form (no lip at the edge) and material.



The original failed after 4 months due to warping in the strong California sun. The AP020 disc did not warp. I ordered a replacement AP020 from Arkon and it has performed very well. ARKON AP020 Adapter Plate 90mm Circular Adhesive Dash / Console Disc with 3M Adhesive

The adhesive tape works great. My problem is that the suction cup just will not grip the plastic surface at all. The suction cup works amazingly on the windshield, so I know that's not the problem. I made sure the surface was completely clean and free of dust. I tried both dry and wet. It may work with vaseline, but that's a pain to clean.

I bought this for a friend who won't shop on line. (he doesn't know what he is missing) He traded cars and kept his GPS but the disk (Plate) went with the car. I just gave it to him, he has installed it in his new car and is happy with it.

I bought this disk to mount a suction cup mirror to my dash, but the suction cup will not stick to the disk. It also was supposed to come with an alcohol cleaning pad according to the instructions, but there was no such pad included.

There's not much to say about this item. It sticks on your dash using 3M adhesive. If you want to take it off, they offer some instructions. But once you place it, you won't want to take it off. It just works. - Dashboard Mount - Vehicle Mounts - Gps - Sd Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information