Tuesday 29 September 2009

E-reader - fountain pens, disposable


These fountain pens start reliably and write smoothly and consistently with great ink flow that produces a wet medium line. They perform as well as almost any fountain pen you'll find below $100 and even quite a few above $100. (I know because I own many of them!) The ink colors are rich and vibrant, and the ink dries quickly. If you're curious about fountain pens, don't hesitate to try these for fear that they're "cheap." They are indeed inexpensive, but they are great little workhorses. Also great for those of us who would rather not carry our expensive pens out and about. Pilot is a respected manufacturer of fountain pens, and they have done a wonderful job with these disposables. In my experience, a Pilot Varsity performs much better, and certainly more consistently, than a Platinum Preppy, which is another fountain pen at a similar price. The only drawback is that the Varsity cannot be refilled easily. It's possible but kind of a hassle. Instructions are out there on the 'net. Pilot Varsity Assorted Multicolor 7 Pack Fountain Pen - P90029

I've had two of these pens for well over 10 years. In all of that time, regardless of how long they sat between uses (sometimes more than 2 years) they have always started as if they sat for just 2 minutes. I collect and use fountain pens, many of which cost hundreds more than this pen. Many of these write more smoothly (and many don't), yet these Pilot Varsities remain the champ for writing the first time every time. They are reasonably smooth writers and always flow evenly. Despite being disposable, they have a very large ink supply, more than most rollerball pens that also use water soluble ink. Easily one of the very best buys in a fountain pen...period.

I am a new user to fountain pens, so this is no expert review at all. Basically, what feedback I can offer is that I like the feel of the pen; the way it travels across the paper as I write. The ink seems to flow out at a consistent rate. As I poke around looking at other fountain pens, these are on the VERY inexpensive side and I am happy with their performance.

Love these pens! I found them years ago at Kinko's, and have been on the search since. A multipack is a dream come true! If you have curiosities about fountain pens, or love them and need quick no fuss types, look no further! Enjoy feeling fancy without the fuss!

The quality of these pens is far better than I would have expected at this price. They perform better than many expensive fountain pens. Open the cap and the ink is there from the first stroke, and it flows smoothly and easily, no skips or scratches. This package has a nice selection of colors--even the lighter ones are bold enough to be easy to read. The pens don't leak, and they don't dry out when you set them down for a few minutes. You get the pleasure of writing with a nice fountain pen without a major investment.

This is my second package of these pens, not because they run out of ink (I have yet to have one give out on me) but because I keep giving them away to friends!



These pen write smoothly and feel really nice as they glide across the paper. As a lefty, any catch in the nib would make my writing stutter, but these are nice and smooth. The colors are vibrant. The pens produce a medium thick line and are pretty "wet" so they might bled through thin paper ( I only write on one side in most cases, so it hasn't been an issue) and they're inexpensive enough that you can share the joy of writing with a fountain pen without breaking the bank.

I received the pens quickly, but found that two of the seven pens were defective. The red and green pens were completely empty, dried up, no ink. I've returned two of the pens and hope that you will replace them or prorate my purchase. - Fountain Pens - Pilot - Disposable Fountain Pen - Disposable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information