Saturday 26 September 2009

Folded Knives - multitool, edc


I bought this after looking around at many multitools. I wanted a basic one that I could carry with me in my jeans pocket every day. I thought this would be perfect as it has the key functions I typically run into--cutting, screwdrivers, and can opener.



The Pros:

* It has a nice blade that seems sharp, and the serrated edge helps cut things like rope easily.

* the screwdriver blades seem strong and are easy to use.



The Cons:

* It's heavier and bigger than I expected. I did check the specs out before, but it's kind of hard to get a feel for it until you see it. It's pretty noticeable in a pant pocket and doesn't fit in there all that well. I've found myself not carrying it with me depending on if I have other things that I need to put in my pocket. When I use the clip to hold it to my pocket edge it is more comfortable, but then I can't get my hand in my pocket!

* The can opener is odd. Took a while to figure out as others also mentioned. The clip that closes the carabiner is a poor design and keeps sliding out of place.



Overall: A decent multitool that, but for the size you might want to look for one with more options. Leatherman Expanse e33Tx Combo Straight/Serrated Blade Knife

I bought 3 of this one! this knife is handy, SHARP and beautiful!

i love it and would recommend any to get one.



one small note about it, the flat screwdriver is a bit hard to bring out, but didn't bother me at all since i hadn't had much of a case to use it that much.



Again...



"Beautiful"

In the past I've looked at Leatherman knifes, but didn't want all the extra stuff that most of them have. This is a very well made, substantial knife that has everything I need. My only complaint is the packing. It is packed in a blister pack with the knife blade in the open position. Be very careful opening the blister pack. While opening the pack I accidentally nicked my finger.

I love my Leatherman Wave but it's a pain to carry around all of the time. This knife never leaves my side. People have had issues with the lock but myine seems to catch perfectly. Blade is nice and sharp and has the three of my most used tools built right in. Some people think it is a little on the fat side, but compared to a wave this is a lot easier to carry around.

This leatherman is durable and compact, holds everything you need to go outdoors or fix a few emergency items. The harbinger is nice to have when needing to open a bottle. The only con is that the knife was a bit dull out of the package. You can always sharpen it, but since this is a serrated blade, you must proceed with caution. Normal sharpening methods can damage the blade. It's best just to take the knife to a professional to get the sharpening done right.

The stainless part of the handle is clearly solid metal in the photos on the Leatherman site. The stainless part on the unit I received is cheap stamped metal with sharp edges. The handle is plastic under the metal cover. The blade seems well made, everything else feels and looks cheap. Perhaps mine was a counterfeit, the order was filled by Electronica Direct.

This is the sharpest knife I've ever owned right out of the box.



When my Swiss Army "Tinker" finally wore out, I wanted an American made knife to replace it. The e33Tx is slightly larger than its Swiss Army counterpart, but it looks much, much cooler. Also, the features are great (even the bottle opener) and it is really durable. The pocket clip and carabiner are handy and the screw drivers are exactly what you'd expect from a Leatherman multi-tool.



I would recommend this knife to anyone and I intend on buying a couple more for my hiking buddies when the holidays roll around.

This is the third Leatherman knife I have purchased in the past few years -- and I only had to purchase this one because people stole the first two! I guess that's saying something. I actually originally got a nicer model the first two times, but I figure I'd try a more basic model just in case it gets stolen again. The whole piece is very durable as I use it daily. I do have to sharpen the knife every once in a while, but that is expected. If you need an easy to use piece for cutting, with occasional need for screwdriver, this works perfectly and will last a long time!

This has become one of my favorite knives (next to my Benchmade) I carry it almost all the time. Screw drivers and bottle opener have been handy to have.

The only negative is that the knife is on the heavy side. - Edc - Pocket Knife - Folded Knives - Multitool'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information