Thursday 24 September 2009

Dress Watches - sleek, mens watch


I recently bought this watch as I've been thinking about purchasing a nice watch for some time. I looked at over 2500 different watches and ended up buying this one. I have to say that I am more than satisfied with my purchase.



Pros:



The watch itself has a good weight due to the Carbide material that is denser than steel or titanium and three times as hard making it very resistant to damage and scratching. The Crystal of the watch is Sapphire Crystal which is the best quality Crystal you can get in a watch. It has a very simple but sophisticated design and feels great on your wrist. The limited edition version has a clear back allowing you to see the Mainspring and the Balance Wheel working which is a very nice touch. The bracelet clasp is a butterfly design with a slight curb that conforms to your wrist giving it a snug feel. My watch was sized to fit my wrist exactly and normally having it that tight bothers me on other watches but in comparison it's quite comfortable with this watch. While driving from time to time as the sun hits my wrist just right the reflection off the bracelet creates a halo of light in my car which is very beautiful in its own way.



Cons:



Since the watch has been polished to a mirror finish, it will get dirty every chance it gets. Any small rub from anything that has any kind of oil on it will leave its mark on the watch. If you've had a long day, even the oil from your wrist that rubs off on the inside of your shirt sleeve will rub off onto the watch just simply because the watch touches the inside of your sleeve. I find myself cleaning my watch a few times a day. The best cloth I found for cleaning is microfiber lint free cloths; it really does a great job cleaning off the loose oils. Sometimes there may be a very stubborn stain on the watch which requires a little water to loosen before you can get it off.



I've read lot of reviews on this watch and everyone seems to quote the price of this watch at about $2500 - $3000 but I have yet to find this watch at that price in any retail store. This watch retails at all authorized Movado retailer for $3995 and typically the store is willing to give you some kind of discount which is usually 15% which still makes this $3395.75 not including taxes. This is definitely not a recession friendly watch. My only guess to the reasoning behind the price quote difference is that maybe the watch appreciated in value since it first came out? Your guess is as good as mine.



I did notice that you can purchase this watch for as much as 40% off ($2397 w/o taxes) from online watch wholesalers but if you do you lose any warranty that Movado authorized retailer/manufacturer offers. Even if the online retailer says that they will include all original paperwork and even the warranty card, if the card is not embroidered by an authorized retailer the watch warranty will not be honored by the retail stores.



Overall:



I think this is a great watch for the value, it's definitely not a highly functional watch that lets you measure different times or even seconds since it doesn't have a seconds dial but if your buying this watch your not paying for function but status, class, and to make a statement. Movado Men's 605924 Fiero Limited Edition Tungsten Carbide Automatic Watch - Dress Watches - Sleek - Movado Watch - Mens Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information