Friday 3 June 2011

Boat Cover - classic accessories, pelican


Having read other reviews stating that the cover doesn't stay on or protect very well against rain, I modified it a little to see if it would work better. All I did was buy some velcro fasteners (any home improvement store, target, Kmart-sometimes comes in a roll), I attached the rough velcro ends to the under edge of the boat and the "fuzzy" sides to the underside of the cover as I put it on. Everything stayed tight, the cover has never come off, and not a drop of rain has gotten inside. Great product for the money! Classic Accessories Silver-Tech Polyester Pedal Boat Cover (Silver, Fits 3 or 5 Person Boat)

Classic Accessories Silver-Tech Polyester Pedal Boat Cover (Silver, Fits 3 or 5 Person Boat)



This cover is okay but I have one caveat. I purchased this cover to keep rainwater out of the boat. But now when it rains the water collects on top of the cover which then slips down into the seat indentations. When you try to take the cover off, it is impossible to keep the water from spilling into the boat. This defeats the whole purpose. However, I solved the problem. I purchased several cheap beach balls and put one in each seat indentation before putting the cover on. The balls hold the cover up and keep it from sinking down into the seat holes. This works pretty well and does keep the rain water out.

This cover works pretty good to keep the water out when it rains.

If it is left out very long, water does get in the boat, some, but not like if I had nothing on it.

It protects it from the sun, too. Good item for the money. Fairly easy to get on and off.



Update-this is the second season I am using this cover. Now, the rain goes right through it into

the boat. I did not see any water on the outside and thought that it worked, but when I pulled

the cover off-wow-the front seats on my 5 seat pedal boat were full. I ordered the Attwoods

battery operated pump and am washing my cover with a little car wax and will spray it with a

water repellent I got at Walmart by the shoes. I will see if it will start to repel water again.

The fit is very good still-I have a KL Industries 5 seat pedal boat(with unadjustable seats).

This cover was easy to use out of the box. It has held up well for almost 3 months during a very rainy summer. Our boat has stayed dry inside despite many torrential rain storms. The cover has stayed secure and is easy to remove and replace.

Was shipped very timely, but much thinner material than I anticipated. My boat stays outside so I am not sure how the cover will stand up to the weather, i.e., wind, hail etc. It did fit my boat nicely, but wish it had come with some sort of tie down as I had to strap it to the boat to keep it fro blowing off. For the price, it appears to be adequate. - Boat Cover - Pelican - Classic Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • classic accessories
  • ,
  • boat cover
  • ,
  • pelican