Sunday 5 June 2011

Checkpoint Friendly - checkpoint friendly, laptop bag


I had no problem with using this bag through airport security and it fits fine under the seat. It's a very roomy bag and I was able to fit three changes of clothes plus heels. Here's another trick for using this bag: put your liquids in a bag between the two compartments so when you unzip the bag to go through the x-ray machine, you can toss your liquids into a bin. No need to fish it out of the main compartment. Targus Checkpoint-Friendly Air Traveler Backpack for 16 Inch Laptops TBB012US (Black)

Pros: Bag itself is light in weight; convenient design to breeze through airport security.



Cons: lightweight construction - not likely to hold up with rugged and frequent usage; the only hold handle on the top of the bag is the padded web connecting the 2 shoulder straps - a separate handle would be stronger; the inside pockets could be designed to be more usable; a separate magazine/newspaper pocket would have been nice.

I purchased two of these, one for me and my girlfriend, for a recent business trip. It sure was easy to pass security this time without having to remove my laptop from the previous laptop bags I own. The pockets were roomy enough that it was able to hold all my techie gear.

After dropping my laptop in Dulles Airport after getting through security, I knew there had to be a better way. This was much cheaper than the replacement CD-Rom drive that got broken.

The side pockets are easy to throw in drinks for those long, dry-air flights. The laptop section held a 15.4 Dell M4400 (the widest brick-heavy laptop out there) with ease. I love the section in the back padding that allows you to slip it right over the handles of your carry-on with having to worry about it falling off. The middle section gives you plenty of space for magazines, notepads and a some snacks. The pouch section holds my USB drive, iphone and blackberry cables, as well as perfecly holds my noise canceling head phones. The zip-thru pouch that opens up is great for putting a jacket in. So when you unzip to get through security, you throw the jacket in the bins, when it comes out "cooked" on the other side of the X-Ray you through it right back in once you zip it back up.



The greatest part is that it all fits comfortably under the seat in front of you.



The only thing I miss is that my old targus had a shoulder pouch to keep a pack of cigarettes\cell phone in.



I can make it through security, without juggling 3 bins like I use to. Now it is this backpack first, bin full of my shoes, belt and ziplock bag, all being pushed along with my carry-on. I can get through the security X-Ray and running out the other side in less than 30 seconds. Assuming I dont have that guy that has to make 4 trips through the detector cause he forget to remove his keys first, then his belt, then his watch. :)

I bought this backpack about 7 months ago. I am not really a backpack person; I prefer shoulder bags. I decided to buy this backpack when I needed to travel abroad and needed to check everything in except for my laptop. This backpack served its purpose. It has lots of spaces to help compartmentalize your items. It fits under the seat in front in the airplane and it can contain two laptops comfortably with few other clothes and items. I now use it for my frequent domestic travels and for grad school. It helps me keep organized. I no longer have to stand in front of my door for about 3 minutes searching for my keys. It has a special place now; so also does my umbrella and water bottle. I really love this backpack. I can go on and on but in summary I recommend this backpack, you will not regret it. Mine is 7 months old and still looks very new.

I've used this pack for about a year and a half. It's traveled via plane, train, automobile and even horseback. It's taken a beating and still looks new. The padding in the laptop compartment keeps my computer secure and safe from getting banged up in travel. The storage compartments are more spacious than they appear. It holds my computer electronics, 2 sets of folding headphones, reading glasses, sunglasses, toiletries, pair of jeans, sneakers, two t-shirts, several undergarments, a dozen dvds (without the hard cases), and still has room to spare. The side pockets hold bottles, snacks, and smaller items well. The filled case fits easily under the JetBlue seats and is considered a "personal item" so you can bring that along with a "carry on". It does minimize your leg room and gets a bit cramped on the cross country flights. I was worried about the plastic zippers breaking when the bag is stuffed full. But, so far, they've held up very well without even a hint of loose stitching or separating zippers. The bag wipes down nicely from everyday dirt and occasional soda or fast food spills.

This bag replaced a bag that was damaged on a flight. It is great. Lighter with pick up handle. Easier to organize. Has slip over strap for aa roller bag and makes an easy to carry pack. You can't go wrong. - Backpacking - Laptop Bag - Targus - Checkpoint Friendly'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information