Wednesday 8 June 2011

Knife Sharpeners - knife sharpeners, cutlery


This sharpener does a good job and, while not the over $300 professional quality, it is excellent for the everyday chef. Great price and did very well with my knives in developing a nice edge. Use the fine section of the sharpener for keeping your knives very sharp. Rarely will you use the coarse part. It's not necessary unless you cut concrete!



This was chosen because of other reviews. I agree with the determination that this is a fine product. I immediately sharpened an older and dull butcher knife. It required about 10 draws through the course and 4 through the fine to put an extremely sharp edge on the knife. Great results for a good price!

Great price for how well it works. If you don't have practice using a steel, then this is a great alternative. Like other reviews, use the fine slot for every day honing. You should check your knife before every use. It doesn't take long and you'll keep it sharper longer. You shouldn't use a knife that isn't sharp. It isn't safe. The sharpener doesn't put a professional edge on your knife, but it does put a consistently even one. This helps the edge last longer. The handle is comfortable and the bottom is made from silicon/rubber that keeps it from sliding. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I would prefer the angle of the sharpening slot to be at a full 90 degrees. It doesn't take any getting used to, however. That's just my preference.

Wow! I sharpened two knives that were my husband's before we were married (about 25 years old). They had been abused and never were sharpened unless he used his tool sharpener. Several passes restored the blade and even the tip was so sharp that I cut my finger accidentally. Great product and I'll purchase as a gift for my sister's cabin (knives there are awful). I don't think you'll be disappointed if you purchase this.

I bought this thinking it would be a good knife sharpener. It is not. After just three knives the carbide inserts were already not working as well. As another reviewer mentioned the ceramic portion started turning and did not do its job correctly. I would not waste money on this item.

When we first got our Wusthof knives, I could slice paper with them; but after several years of use, not so much. This well made little kitchen gadget changed all of that. By the time I had finished with this little gem, every knife in our block would slice paper again. I am extremely happy with this purchase.

This sharpened my Wustoff carving knife really well. It is super easy to use - just put the blade into the slot, pull firmly towards you, pull knife out and repeat.



There are 2 sharpening slots - the primary one, and another softer one that gives a polished, clean sharpening. For smaller jobs, you can just used the second.



My knife was getting quite dull, and after using this, i could run the blade across a piece of paper and it cut beautifully. After one day of heavy food prep, though, the knife needed re-sharpening. This is my only complaint. It is possible we need to sharpen the blade more, but we had run it through the sharpener a number of times so it should have lasted.



Also - the handle is nice, so you can easily keep this in place with one hand while you sharpen. - Knife - Kitchen Knife - Knife Sharpeners - Cutlery - Chefs Knife - Sharpener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information