Tuesday 14 June 2011

Pen


I actually purchased this as a little, but thoughtful stocking stuffer for my husband. My daughter was constantly stealing the pens we leave around the house and I was equally guilty. My husband is studying for his MBA and working full time, so he's sometimes forgetful, always busy and often in need of a pen. I wanted him to have a pen that was only his, and obviously so, but I hesitated buying him a $75.00 pen just yet for various reasons. I also decided a pen with no cap to lose might not look as nice, but would suit his lifestyle. He likes modern styling and fine point pens so for whatever small amount I paid, this pen was perfect. I was prepared to pay more like $30.00 for a pen, but it wasn't necessary- this one does not disappoint! The only thing that was "too bad," was that it's not packaged to be a gift, so if you want to present it as one, you have to break the plastic bubble and get creative. The pen has nice heft, feels good in the hand, is cushioned with possibly silicone and is cool to the touch as only metal can be. Love it. Pilot G2 Limited Fine Point Black Gel Ink Pen, Retractable Gel Roller, Charcoal Metallic Barrel, 31154

I've had a number of high end pens over the years, including silver and gold Cross, and invariably lose them. That hurts with a $100.00 pen. This was bought to replace the last expensive pen given to me and I love it. It looks very nice, is comfortable in my large hand, and writes well. I've had it a year and the finish is still in great shape. I actually came here looking for refills and decided to share this review. Anyone looking for more than a disposable that doesn't want to spring for a $100.00 life style statement should take a look at these. Besides, anyone looking at it or handling it will never know you spent $12.00 on it. More than one person commenting on it has been surprised when I told them where I got it and how much I paid.

I've used nothing but Cross pens for decades but I love the flow of the Pilot G2 pens and now it's all I use. This model is an upgrade over the standard one that cost $2 each, and I like it a lot. Good feel, good look. I wish Cross accepted G2 refills though!

I bought this pen recently to replace the standard Pilot G2 pens that I have been carrying around for years. After a couple weeks of use it's hard for me to go back to the plastic G2 model. This pen is a good compromise if you're looking for a pen with a little more weight and quality behind it, but don't want to carry a pen around that costs $100 and up.



Just recently bought some Mont Blanc black ink refills to replace the G2 refills. Between the LTD and the Mont Blanc ink you have yourself a pen that could stand up well to writing instruments at 10 times the price. (NOTE however, the Mont Blanc ink refill needs to be slightly modified to fit in the G2 pen).

I want to add just a few additional things to the previous reviewers' comments, which I mostly agree with.



1. The barrel is not all metal; the bottom part of the pen that screws into the barrel (up to the point where the rubberized grip ends) is plastic.



2. The pen takes Zebra Sarasa refills without any modifications and will also take the 0.38mm G2 refills from the disposable plastic G2s that Amazon sells by the dozen. Overall, a nicer pen than the base G2s for just a few dollars more.



3. My version came with a three dollar rebate that was not advertised here.



4. The pen feels heavier than a regular G2 but in a good way. It has a nice balanced heft to it and physically feels a bit thinner than the regular plastic versions of the same pen.



It is a ten dollar pen that feels like a thirty dollar one.



Overall, I'd buy it again.

Form and functionality, two words that you'll hear with every luxury item from the automobile to the pen. I used to carry a Cross, right up until it ran out of ink. The refills are made in China. In terms of form, the Pilot G2 Limited is a standard Pilot G2+1. Compared to a platinum plated Mont Blanc, the feel of this pen is quite different. In the hospital setting, I'd hate to misplace a cap, let alone a pricey luxury pen. This pen has a metal barrel, point assembly, and clip. The clicker is plastic, that ring above the grip is plastic, and the retaining assembly is plastic. The grip feels more like thermoplastic rubber than silicone resin. Respective to a car, this is a luxury Toyota.



This pen uses the standard G2 gel ink refill. This means out of the plastic clam shell packaging it writes as a G2. The ink sometimes smudges, it rarely bleeds, but that's entirely dependent on the weight and grade of the paper. But I don't write for a living; I just sign some forms and fill out others. The best advice I was given for this pen is tucked in the reviews of the Mont Blanc Roller Ball refill. Buy one when the pen runs out of ink (or if you can't stand the ink just toss it) and with a quick modification it replaces the standard G2 refill. The difference between this pen and my Mont Blanc Starwalker is the body. For a few dollars more, this pen donates its body and becomes a pen with a price point that I'm not afraid to lose, but writes like one I wouldn't. Four stars for the good looking pen that needs a little help to write the way it should.



Mont blanc usa 15158 Medium Point Rollerball Refill, 2 per Pack, Black Ink

To start off, this is my absolute favorite pen. I always have it with me, to sign credit card receipts, jot down notes, write orders, write exams, whatever I need. I keep a Zebra Expandz with me a lot of the time too for customers to use, as i don't want their musty hands over my nice G2 limited. I have a couple cross pens, but I never use them, they are nice, but still pale in comparison to my G2, and I will most likely use them as christmas gifts this year. My uni ball signo premier 207 is my backup, resting in my book bag. The signo 207 is really nice too, but feels cheap, too light, it just doesn't stack up to the heft and class of the G2 limited. Its a beautiful pen, one of the longer pens I have had, and writes like a champ. It takes a number of refills, including uniball signo. I use a Zebra Sarasa in mine, very nice, dark ink, hasn't skipped once. If you are looking for an excellent pen in every aspect, the g2 limited will not disappoint.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pen Pen Pen