Monday 13 June 2011

Summer Workbook - learning, summer workbook


Engaging for the child. Mostly math and language activities of differnt types, styles, and complexities. Tasks get progressively harder toward the new school year. A good general purpose review and prep to keep skills fresh and build a few new ones before schools starts in August. Moderately well-illustrated. Encourages independent reading and offers a suggested reading list--though parents should review any of these books for appropriateness for their child. Books off this list that increase vocabulary and reading skill without frustrating your child are also very appropriate. The key is for the child to enjoy reading challenging materials--let your child choose what interests them as much as possible. Summer Bridge Activities: 3rd to 4th Grade

My daughter completed at least one full page Monday through Friday this past summer and tested the highest in her 4th grade class this fall in reading and in math. She has always been a strong reader, but lacking in confidence in her math skills. We'll continue to use this book during school vacations, and the next book this coming summer.

The Summer Bridge Activity series of books is an excellent way for kids to have fun and learn during the summer. I have used the book with three of my children at different grade levels. My children have continually entered the school year tops in their classes. I would recommend these books to any parents who are interested in their childs learning abilities. Great books.

Workbook is a fairly comprehensive coverage of basics of third grade. As with all supplementary material, parents/teachers may want to highlight specific subjects that students need help. I found the pace to be appropriate for summer days, and the writing exercises with prompts help even the most reluctant writers to try! I recommend this book to the parents of my incoming fourth grade students.

My soon-to-be 4th grader has been working through the book this summer, and we have found it to be very rewarding. The math and reading exercises are age-appropriate and he has enjoyed doing them. I also like the suggestions for other activities through the summer. Just remember to remove the answer pages before leaving your child alone with the book! Normally we worked through the book together but one day I left for a few minutes, and was surprised by a fast and perfect completion of the day's work!

I have used the Summer Bridges workbooks with my children for several years. The review is very nice for them, and working with them helps me to know where they need extra help.



I ask them to do one page of "morning work" from the book each day. They have ADD, so some days it takes all morning to get it done.



Unfortunately, my children hate doing the work. It is difficult to convince them that it is worth their trouble.



I'd love to hear ideas for making it a little more fun.

I have been using these workbooks in my preschool program during the summer for 5 years now and even my son's Catholic School are now highly recommending them to work out of over the summer. I will never to with any other work book than Summer Bridges and the price was very reasonable for the size of the workbook!

As a third grade teacher, I have found this series to be an excellent summer review program. It takes my own children about 15 minutes to do their pages each day, while providing critical review in reading, grammar, and math. I will recommend this book to all of my students' parents next year. Even the highest students can benefit from a short review during the summer. - Summer Workbook - Activities - Learning - Kids'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information