Thursday 26 March 2009

Accessories - accessories, accessory


This does not fit the camera and had to be cut to do so and even then it was ill fitting. It came off easily and just didn't stick in the corners. They sent two but it didn't matter, it just didn't work. I have screen protectors for my camera and cell phone and even my iPad, all fit so much better than this. Not worth the money, but it was cheap once again proving that you really do get what you pay for.



Don't buy this one if you think it will be an exact fit. Bleh! 2x Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video HD Camera Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector, no cutting is required, Exact fit and satisfaction guaranteed!

I have mixed feelings on this item, so here are my pros vs. cons:



PRO:

- It's pre-cut for a very good fit.

- It's a relatively thick film, which should provide good protection.

- Two protectors are included, in case you screw up.

- It's very inexpensive.



CON:

- The material is too rigid, so IT WILL NOT STICK AT THE EDGES because it is not flexible enough to contour with the curves at the edges of the screen.

- Because it is too rigid and will not stick at the edges, you will either have to trim it down significantly (not a great solution) or leave it with the edges lifted (which is worse, because it will let dirt/dust in, which could scuff the screen at the edges where it is lifted).



It's really not bad considering the price, but if I had to do it all over again I would probably just use some clear headlight protectant film like Lamin-x. I ended up trimming it and I still had to carefully use a heat gun to get the edges to contour enough to stick. The headlight film is much more pliable and thicker, though it probably has a little less optical clarity.

It gets the job done but the bottom edges raise a bit about a quarter inch from both sides due to the design of the Kodak Zi8, it's not the plastic's fault, it is sturdy and that's why it's raised a bit but for the price, it protects the main part of the screen. So if you don't mind the raised edges a bit, then go for it.

I'm extremely glad that I didn't have to cut out my own design to fit around the video camera. My only dislike is on the sides, it won't stay down and I have to press it down every once in a while. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product and it serves it's main purpose...to protect the screen.

The protector doesn't fit properly because the front face of the Kodak Zi8 is not level. (There are grooves on the sides of the screen.) The texture of the protector is stiff and not able to fit the contour of the grooves of the screen. Thus, there are areas where the protector cannot adhere to the screen causing bubbling. Despite the budget friendly price, I cannot recommend this product.

This camera has the flexibility that is difficult to find in flip cameras. It has enough ports to add other equipment that makes it "more" than a regular flip camera.

Is it really being dicontinued ??

Kodak Zi6 HD Pocket Video Camera

Pros: This is a great, easy to use video and still camera and the movies and stills look good on my HD TV screen. I carry it around and use it for various things; like a recording a band or a snapshot or video of a product in a store to compare to another store's item or online ad.



Cons: I would have given this camera a 5 star rating except for a problem with the audio. I record live music and randomly the audio raises in pitch at some point and then brings it back to the normal pitch. This may occur well into the recording and may repeat during the same recording.



I've notified Kodak support about this and the retailer, J&R Music. When I get a their replies I'll update my review.

I can't say enough good things about this little camera. Amazing video and audio for such a small device. It's auto white balance is really good. Image stabalazation is really good. I soetimes with the battery lasted a little longer but don't take that as a complaint. Microphone input works awesome. The included software is very helpful: even though I edit in Song Vegas, I convert the videos in the included software before I edit. My only negative about the Zi8 is that I wish it had a little wider frame of view. Not that it's fixed focal length is bad, I just wish it was a little wider. This is just a personal preference thing so that's not really a complaint.



For video samples go to [...] - Kodak Zi8 - Accessory - Accessories - Zi8'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information