Monday 30 March 2009

Inkjet Printer - printer ink, ink


I just purchased the HP photosmart 100 printer which prints out 4" by 6" size prints. The printer takes the HP #57 cartridge and the photo quality results are great. You would even say that they match the quality of a professional lab. I have already printed well over 50 prints and have not needed to change the cartridge. The colors and skin tones are right on and the glossy HP PHOTO PAPER makes all the differance. Also two of my friends, after seeing my photos, have also bought the HP photosamart printer. Another great feature feature of the printer is you do not need a pc to support it, it directlly accepts smart media, compact flash and sony memory stick. I know this sounds like a review for the printer but lets not forget without the HP #57 color cartrige you have no photos. HP 57 Tri-Color Ink Cartridge

I just bought a new HP PSC 1210 All-in-one, and printed 4x6 photos on the free sample premium plus glossy photo paper, after installing the HP 57 tri color cartridge. The result? Astonishing!! There's no way anyone can tell that the photograph is a computer printout and not developed on kodak paper.True, developing 4x6 can be as low as a quarter per print at some places, making this scheme uneconomical, but I'd highly recommend this for printing larger photos. (5x7, 8x10).

I use HP 57 and HP 58 cartridges for 6-ink photo printing on my HP PSC 2210 multifunction machine. The photos look great on HP premium photo paper, just like the ones from my local 1-hour photo center. However, after 20 pages (about 60 4*6 photos), the HP 58 cartridge is gone, and there is only about 1/4 left on the HP 57 cartridge. This is killing me. I will just use the local photo lab from now on :-(

I use this cartridge in an HP DeskJet 5150 printer. The printer always yields crisp, well defined color prints. Unlike some people I think that the cartridge lasts a reasonable amount of time, although I don't print photos very often, which can definitely use ink at a voracious pace.



My biggest criticism of HP cartridges in general is the price, but the price here at Amazon is the best I have found, and I think the Amazon price point, particularly combined with free shipping and no tax makes this cartridge reasonably priced. Having said all that, there is one area where the product could be improved, which is the pronounced tendency of the ink to smear when wet. I realize that this is a not-unusual trait of inkjet printers, but I am more acutely aware of the problem with this printer and ink combination than with most other inkjet printers I have used.



Overall the HP 57 is a good value for the money, particularly if you shop around for good deals.

HP does not offer full information on number of color prints:Impossible to have an approximation of ink costs. Why so vague?Ex: 391 prints??? What size?ex: 15% Coverage??? Photos or text what size paper, 4x6, 8 1/2 x 11?Any variation of the above will make a great change in ink costs.Give us the approximate cost for any average 4x6 color photo.Give us the approximate cost of an average full page text with some color.

HP57 Ink is, without question, the BEST COLOR ink value on the market. Unfortunately, you'll be hardpressed to find any of HP's new printers using these. They're now using ink cartridges with much less ml's at a much higher price per ml. I've sent letters to HP regarding this, but have not received any response. This, of course, is quite disappointing particularly since their printers are among the best on the market.

I use only HP Printer Ink Cartridge in all three of my HP Printers.

Had too many problems with off brand Ink Cartridge. I never had a

problem with the HP Ink Cartridge!



I recommend you use only HP Ink Cartridge in HP Printers & Scanners! - Inkjet Printer - Printer Ink - Color Ink - Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information