Tuesday 31 March 2009

Latop Keyboard Protector - latop keyboard protector, keyboard protectors


This item arrived very quickly and was much thinner than expected (the picture makes it look at least twice as thick). the ad also called it polyurethane but the package says silicone and it feels like silicone.



Make sure the keyboard area is clean and dust free and the cover will automatically adhere to it like saran wrap.



The only thing I don't like about it is it won't fit my 15.6 in laptop, but I knew this before hand and bought 2, and cut them to fit. I even made a small square for the touch pad, which still works through the cover, but for multi-touch pads, you'll lose some function. TIP: Cut the cover while it is still on the cardboard backing.



Some information on the package not given here:

It's heat resistant against spills, but allows for heat release of the laptop

Cleans with direct flushing with water and gentle rubbing

Does not distort or yellow after long term use or washing Universal Silicone Keyboard Protector Skin for Laptop Notebook

I Spend a great amount of time outside on my deck with my laptop, and living in the country i have lots of trees, so i have all kind of things falling and blowing around, so I wanted something that would protect my keyboard, from allowing things from getting in between the keys and that. This is perfect, easy to put on, take off, clean and the price is right. Something so cheap can save me a lot of money in the long run!

i just got the product and it fits perfectly on my 14inch keyboard. it doesn't look foggy like it does in the picture. it is a clear silicone skin and it doesn't feel any differently when typing. so far i like it. pretty good price

Does not fit HP Pavilion DV9000 17" keyboard -- covers from the left hand side of the keyboard area to the first column of the 10 key area.



The top side appears to be almost as 'clingy' as the bottom and thus catches fuzz and dust and all that.



Other than those two things, this is great. It has really helped catch all the stuff that ends up sliding between the keys. Also, since the vacuum cleaner got hungry and ate my 'Caps Lock' key and affected the 'A' key as well, the film actually makes typing both of them much better, placing a uniform cover over them.



There is a odor that is present but, after a couple of days in a well ventilated area, it has dissipated well.



I will definitely get another one when/if needed, only I'll try and find one that covers the entire keyboard next time :)

This product is not what I expected it to be. It does not actually stick to my keyboard, but rather lies on top of it. It just barely covers the width of my keyboard (I have a 15 HP G series). I still use the protector, I hold it down with Hello Kitty stickers! Which is probably the only good thing...I am able to clean it with alcohol on a paper towel. I will probably do more research into a better keyboard protector for next time.

it's a very low cost item, but the price keeps changing (as do a lot of computer items on amazon, depending on who the vendor is). and other vendors have it lower priced but you pay ship fees. just compare the total prices.



It's super thin sheet, and it fit well-over my keyboard on a 12" laptop (but I have a full size keyboard)

you can trim it as needed or just have it hang over for a bit of extra protection.



I also find i like typing with it more as it softens the strokes a bit. i almost feel like i can type faster and softer, but that's just a benefit for me. you may not find it affects your typing.

Should defnitely have 1-2 of these to help prolong the life of your keyboard and it also helps protect your screen, which is a great additional function =)

1st time reviewing a product but I hope this will become helpful to whom ever decide to purchase this item. I receievd the item fatser than the rest of my order and I was curious to what the packaging was. USPS sent it in a folder size package. I've open the item and saw that its my keyboard cover. Its actually silicone and had my doubts already by the looks of it. Taking it out of its package is like pulling out a huge cell phone protector with filmsy material as its back. I took it off as you gotta be careful of not ripping it. Since its silicone its not in my concerns. I've immediately placed it over my laptop keyboard and it overlapped my whole keyboad which cover half my mouse pad. I have a 15.6 Compaq Presario that I purchased a month ago. The keyboard on my laptop felt alittle stiff and I just couldn't get used to it right away. This silicone keyboard cover brought life to my laptop which I have better grip of my keys! I was sending massive facebook posts cause how I like the feel of the silcone keyboard cover gripping my keys lol! I know stupid but I love it!. I really didnt care about it covering half my mouse pad cause I prefer my wireless unifying mouse. If its a big deal to you then you can cut it to fit your keyboard. Me I prefer not cause I like to keep everything I own in its original shape! My overall review is that you dont have to worry about it slipping off the keys cause back in has the grip of football gloves. If you have a stiff keyboard then this will be the best soulution. You can close you laptop and it'll still be on when you open it. It keeps cookie crumbs, dog hair, greasy fingers, or whatever you know falls in between the keys away. I dont know about you but I dont feel like taking apart a laptop to clean it. My desktop I can always replace keyboards all day cause its repleaceable =) I hope this is of help! Overall this will get a 8/10 - Laptop Skin - Keyboard Protectors - Silicone Skin - Latop Keyboard Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information