Sunday 29 March 2009

Wired Headsets - earphones, earbuds


Note: Used with the Iphone 3GS. I really wanted to like these headphones (see below). However, after a week of regular use, they literally fell apart in my hand. Their appears to be a manufacturing defect in how the two molded pieces of plactic are bound together at the earpiece (I took a picture to upload with this review but I cannot find an option to upload). I would send them back for a refund, but I discarded the packaging.



The reason I really wanted to like the headphones is that the sound was simply incredible, even compared against headphones in the $20.00 range. Since I am not an audiophile, I cannot provide technical comment on the acoustics.



Until the headphones fell apart, they performed extremely well. They fit in the ear perfectly and were weighted in a manner that helped retain the position of the earpiece in the ear. When used with the phone to make and receive calls, the sound was fantastic and I actually felt as if the person I was listening to was right next to me. Everyone I spoke to using these headphones reported that I sounded crystal clear.



If you do decide to buy these headphones to try out, KEEP THE PACKAGING for 30 days in case they fall apart. It is possible I was simply unlucky. NoiseHush NX50 3.5mm Stereo Headset w/ Enhanced Bass - iPhone / BlackBerry / HTC / LG / Motorola / Nokia / Palm / Samsung - White

I paid eight dollars for this headset expecting so-so sound. Very surprisingly, it delivers sound at all levels way exceeding my expectations. I use it with my Motorola Droid X along with a free app called MixZing to customize the equalizer. WOW! The bass is heavy and accurate, the treble is clear and sharp. The gel caps on both ends are comfortable in my ears. I cannot believe an eight-dollar headset can deliver so well.



To make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls, they all sound loud and clear, and I sound loud and clear to them as well.



This headset is a hidden gem. I highly recommend it.

I bought them for use with a Google Nexus One (HTC), because the price was right and I lost the original Nexus One headset.



So far, so good. The headset is compatible with the Nexus One, the microphone has a button that will start/stop the music player and works with MixZing and Audible and the Act 1 video player. The bass is notably better than my previous $3 replacement headsets. But I'm probably the wrong person to ask about what good sound is.

Just tested these out and they DO have great sound (much better than any headset I have purchased under $20. The microphone sound seems to be ok as well.



The design is very unique in that there is a part that goes into the inner ear (hard to tell from the photo. It looks goofy, but it actually creates a very comfortable fit.



Based on the other reviews, I fully intend that these will break soon and I will have to superglue them back together, but I guess that is to be expected for anything under $10 coming from China.



The only thing that i am disappointed about is that there are no volume controls on the unit (like the OEM pair that comes with the iphone). It has a button to answer/send calls (which also lets you change the song when listening to music) but you can only change the volume on the device itself.



I haven't tried to use these while exercising as that is how all of my other ones broke.



All in all... pretty good buy for the price.

I purchased these with the impression that they'd be an acceptable replacement for my iPhone earphones. To my surprise and disappointment they were not. The noise reduction feature while nice, gave a rather weird sound to the music. The bass was a little off, and after a week of use, pieces began falling off! Not as advertised at all. If your looking for a suitable replacement look somewhere else.

Use these headphones daily. Decent sound quality. Base is very noticeable compared to other headphones I've had. I have had both of the ear pieces come apart on my. However, it was easy to fix with a drop of super glue each time and they've been working fine ever since. Decent for the price, which is more than reasonable. If the manufacturer would use a little stronger glue, these would be very good headphones... - Wired Headsets - Earphones - Blackberry - Earbuds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information