Tuesday 31 March 2009

Motorola Xoom Accessories - xoom, xoom accessories


By far the best matte screen protector I have ever had on a device.



Pros.

Your finger glides across the surface and does not leave finger prints.

Reflections are almost non existent.

Installed near perfectly, with only two very small bubbles along the bottom edge. The only reason I have bubbles is because I grew impatient and rushed the install.



Cons.

Install is time consuming and can be very tricky to pull off perfectly.

Contrary to what they say, there is still some rainbow affect when viewing the screen. It is better then any matte protector I have used, but it is still there.



Other:

Watch videos on youtube about how to install this. With a protector that is this big, it is IMPOSSIBLE to not get dust under it when you are installing it. This dust can be removed though if you take your time and use tape removal method. I also absolutely recommend doing this in the bathroom with your shower running as hot as possible. Close bathroom door and windows, turn shower onto the hottest setting, let the windows fog up, and then do the install. SGP Motorola Xoom Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Fine]

Ok I was hesitant to jump on this purchase since it is a bit expensive. I initially thought there were more than 1 screen protector in this package, thats my fault I assumed & was wrong. So aside from being a bit irratated at myself for not catching it only comes with one screen this is by far the best screen I have seen. It was applied very simple & clean. I like how it covers the entire screen except the camera, my old screen protection only covered the screen & not bezel. So you for sure get what you pay for with this screen. Zero finger prints or smudge & easy application. Great screen protection * * * * *

I have not had good luck with most of the screen protectors out there and was leery about installing such a large one on my Xoom but the constant fingerprints on the glass made the decision easy. Took about 10 minutes to install and was very easy to go on. This protector is harder than the ones i've installed on my phones and I actually like it better than the bare glass. Fingers slide across the screen easier and it reduces fingerprints dramatically! Also cuts down on the glare a lot. Watch the video on the manufacturer's website for a quick demonstration and put one on your Xoom. It is important to do it in a clean environment with no wind, fan, etc. that can blow dust and small particles on the screen while you install. If it does happen, remove as demonstrated on the video and you'll have a crystal clear install. If the protector holds up, it will continue to be a 5 star purchase.

I have never been so dissapointed by a product. After putting numerous screen protectors on phones such as my current Droid X and after getting this product in the mail expecting the best. I did my research and watched some youtube videos after all this steinheil protector comes with no instructions. It does come with a rubber squigee, lint free cloth, and some tape for removing dust. So after spending thirty min. cleaning the screen holding xoom to the light getting it near perfect. I then took the backing off of just one end while starting that end on the tablet, in one motion pulling backing off and dropping protector on the xoom. Resulting in just one end with just a little dust. So no problem right I have the tape, Wrong. I took the tape and stuck to face in corner to give me something to pull it back up then taking another piece of the tape provided and starting on the dust only to have it leave a big clump of adhesive that after thirty minutes carefully removing just to find that now the screen won't stick it that area anymore. So twenty five dollars for a supposed to be superior product that is wasted, no instructions and cheap tape that leaves residue everywhere. Thanks for making a horrible product that people buy for a fancy envelope it comes in.

While the Steinheil protector does not curl up and stick to itself as other protectors tend to do, it ultimately was unusable because it attracts so much dust from the air. The instructions that are included with the protector are very sparse and say nothing about dust. There is a video on the web site showing an installation but it also fails to mention anything about dust. A web search before installation revealed numerous other people commenting on this problem and one had the clever suggestion of applying the protector in a bathroom where the shower had produced a lot of steam (to capture any dust in the air). I suspect that this helped but I was still left with numerous dust particles that were pulled in from the air. After over an hour of trying to remove them from the protector with the "sticky tape" that was included for this purpose I concluded that this had just been an expensive exercise in futility. I suspect that the quality and performance of the protector would have been good if it could be applied in a "clean room" but it seems that this product really can't be applied successfully out in the "real world". (It is amazing how much of a bubble in the protector is created by a tiny piece of dust and numerous dust particles means numerous bubbles all over the protector as it lays on the glass.) Once the dust is attached to the protector it can't be "scraped" to the side and attempts to lift the protector to remove the dust with sticky tape just allows another piece of dust to stick somewhere else. I suspect this is just the nature of a protector that's designed to be attracted to the glass surface and will occur with similar products so unfortunately I can't give this any starts at all since I had to give up and throw it away. (Force to give it at least one star!)

Great product and great support, went on almost as easily as a phone protector. Took ten minutes, 7 of which were spent mainly prepping room and a little on surface, not one bubble or spec of dust. Comes with large cloth and squeegee worth saving, but you should still be sure to clean glass with alcohol(I used eye glass wipes because they were handy at time) . Next time I might go with Ultra Crystal because of stylus feel on flat/texture surface, if you use finger this is the one to get though. I let my HEPA/UV-B (3 micron) filter run in bathroom for 10/15 minutes before running shower with no vent/fan for 5 minutes to steam room. After steam settles few minutes bring Xoom in, clean surface again, open protector, peel back little of short side, align spacing perfect, use squeegee to bond/work bubbles out, then continue down peeling backing off slowly, making sure still aligned and taking time to get all air bubbles out. Took about 3 minutes to get on and I don't have a single bubble. Apply just as you would a cars decal minus soap /water. - Xoom - Android Tablet - Xoom Accessories - Android'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information