Tuesday 31 March 2009

Swimming Goggles


My daughter swims summer swim team for 8 weeks at a time, and she has had the same pair of Jr. Hydrospex for 5 years. Yes, years. I don't know how they have lasted that long, because we also swim at an indoor pool about 20 times the rest of the year. Only now, as a teenager, does she need the adult size Hydrospex.

That's a pretty good recommendation. Speedo Junior Hydrospex Swim Goggle (Pink)

One of the problems with goggles that feature silicone cups is the limited lifetime they offer. Usually, such gaskets simply won't last for more than 9-12 months unless you take extremely good care of them, and most swimmers I know usually don't.



I had a pair of these and generally enjoyed them for the first few months. They had minimal leakage and zero fogging whatsoever, which really is the hallmark and strongest feature of speedo goggles. I chose the Jr. Hydrospex because of the narrower nose piece and the smaller profile gaskets, which will fit anyone with a narrower face better than the respective adult version. The soft silicone cups make them much more comfortable to wear than swedes if you're not into that sort of thing. The strap on these goggles is one of the best I've ever had on any brand, ever.



Now for the bad; getting a good seal with these goggles will take some coaxing, especially after a few sessions in the pool. The gaskets begin getting brittle after a few swims and the unadjustable nosepiece is a MAJOR hinderance. Tightening the goggles forces the inner corner of the gasket out of place, which soon becomes necessary as the gaskets wear out. This increases leakage and discomfort for the wearer as the goggles shift out of their ideal position on the face and toward the inner corner of the eye. The nosepiece will not keep the goggles where you want them if you tighten them too much, which means leakage is almost guaranteed. After extended use, the gaskets will actually begin separating from the lenses, and at this point the goggles pretty much need to be replaced (if used daily without perfect care, this can happen after as little as 4 months).



These are the best pair of speedo goggles I've used recently, but thats not saying much. I'm simply not impressed with the quality of the eye gaskets on many speedo products lately, but if you're a speedo purist, then I would recommend these over most of the other styles. Basic Sprint style goggles are probably somewhat better, but not everyone enjoys the foam cups. IF speedo had the foresight to make the nosepiece adjustable, I think these goggles would have been much, much better.

I purchased 2 pairs of goggles for my 10 and 12 year old children. They used them for a week on vacation in Mexico swimming in the pool and ocean. Both of my children said they were the best goggle's they have had and were able to play in the water for hours at a time without having any eye irritation. Both my children have light blue eyes which are very sensative to chlorine and sea salt. I highly recommend them.

My two boys, 8 and 10 are on the local swim team and a lot of the kids use these goggles. They work well for my boys. I like the previous versions of these better when you could pull on the straps to adjust them while you had them on. Now you have to take them off and unlatch, adjust and relatch but other than that, they are great. We've owned a few of these and have to keep buying more, not because they wear out, but because they get lost.

These are the best goggles for kids! Only one adjustment needed when they are new... then they are perfect for the rest of summer. Other, less expensive goggles require so many adjustments and the straps are always fallling off. Get these goggles and you won't hear, "Mom fix my goggles!" 100 times a day at the pool! The kids love them and never complain- a big plus!

We had gone through three pairs of goggles each since last year for our children. They are on the swim team and none of the goggles would stay on them securely while diving in the pool. I overheard a mom telling another mom about the Hydrospex Jr goggles being the best goggles out there. I ordered a pair for each of my children and they work wonderfully! All three of them mentioned to me that these goggles are awesome. I would definetly buy these again in the future.

My 11 year old daughter is petite and most kids goggles fit too small and adult fit too big so she has a hard time getting a good fit. She loves these because they fit perfect. She is on swim team and needs goggles she doesn't have to stop and fix every other lap and these are great. Best of all she doesn't end up with the ring around her eyes most other goggles give her.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swimming Goggles Swimming Goggles Swimming Goggles