Sunday 29 March 2009

Timex Expedition Watch - metal banded, casual watch


I have owned several of these watches, currently have and are using two of them. I have abused them to no end and the only thing that seems to do them in is when the battery finally gives out. (I have had mixed luck with keeping them working AFTER replacing the battery. Could be the technical abilities on my end...) I am active outdoors and have worn my watch: horseback riding (daily), swimming, ran it through the wash cycle, dropped it, and struck the doorjamb with my wrist/watch face as I was walking through it. These watches are a classic style with Timex quality--this model truly "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" and I highly recommend it for anyone with an active lifestyle. Timex Men's T20461 Easy Reader Expansion Band Watch

The watch sweats when exposed to moisture. It is definitely not waterproof or even water resistent to 50ft. Take a walk in the fog and you can bring the experience back home inside the watch. I guess this can be romantic for some people. Mine actually rusted inside. I even opened it whenever it fogged up, dried it out for a couple days, cleaned the sealing surfaces etc....

The other thing is the band is really poor quality. It dents very easily. Bump your arm and it will be dented. And I'm not talking about pounding nails in with the band. Just brush up against a door and its dented.

I was real disappointed. The watch isn't even a 6 months old. Of course I can't find the 1"x1" warrantee card I stapled my reciept onto. I'd buy another model or brand.

It's too bad because I really liked the watch.

I ordered the timex easy reader for my 85 year old dad. It is easy to read, a perfect size for his wrist (not too bulky) and was an excellent bargain at just about half the cost of retail at the closest large "discount" department store. My dad has trouble putting on a buckle type band- I searched several drugstores for a wristwatch with an expansion band, but no store had any in stock. I checked amazon.com, they had the timex easy reader in stock, and it was shipped out to me the next day. My dad is very happy with this wristwatch.

Only gave it 4 stars as nothing is perfect, true for anything.

Bought this from Wally World on Black Friday for a nice $21, it's been a good watch and has been worn for roughly fifty hours now (Santa brought it on christmas). Keeps time well, came with a good battery. I will replace it with a fresh Energizer Lithium, as most watches come with cheap batteries in them.

Face is bold and is very distinct. Complicated watches are ugly watches to me. The INDIGLO works beautifully and is very bright, but not blinding.

Most expandable bands pinch my arm and hairs, but the one included is very comfortable, even wearing for 16 hours straight.



Overall, a very good watch and time will tell how much abuse it will stand up to. Will update in a few months.

Yes, I am old, but that is not why I brought it. I just want the time and date, period. I don't want to push buttons wondering if it's the time on than darn stop watch thing I never figured how to shut off. I am a janitor, it's rugged, I have had floor stripper, bleach, and other industrial chemicals on it, it works. It's easy on the eyes, and does what a watch is supposed to, tell time. Sitting in the pharmacy waiting for my meds, the guy next to doesn't have to ask for the time, he can see it, now that's good. I work the night-shift, the night lite is easy to use, see. My grand baby (my angel) was teething, she likes the watch, I gave it to her, and she dropped it. It hit the concrete floor in the super store; mild crack in the crystal, but it took a beating, and still ticks. Yeah, there are some slight scratches, but hey, it's a watch. If you want a Rolex on a budget, this isn't it. It's a clean piece, honest, timeless, and a good "just because" gift for your pa, or grand dad, every time they look it at it, they will think of you. So if you're looking for a good old school easy watch you might want to consider this Timex.

Timex Men's Easy Reader watch. Wanted a simple digital watch w/o stopwatch, military time, lap timer or alarm. Couldn't find one--are you listening Timex? As a senior, wanted a simple, readable watch. Went back to a clock face watch showing time, day and date. Perfect, and affordable.

The inexpensive Timex watch, with date, and illumination is as it was advertised. The only thing I don't like is the stretch metal band that goes around my wrist. It takes, for me some getting used to. - Casual Watch - Indiglo - Metal Banded - Timex Men'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • indiglo
  • ,
  • metal banded
  • ,
  • casual watch
  • ,
  • timex men