Saturday 28 March 2009

Grill Pans - present, non-stick


We use ours all the time for grilling chicken & beef. Was skeptical that a non-stick pan could create nice black grill marks on the food, but it does. Compared it to the Le Creuset, which is also a nice piece, but the All-Clad is much lighter and easier to clean. And no need for a George Foreman grill! :)

I threw away an old-fashioned Lodge cast-iron grill pan (heavy, hard-to-clean, and with a tendency to produce heavily charred food)and replaced it with this one. I am highly satisfied with All-Clad's product! The pan turns out perfect meat and fish with brown--rather than black--grill marks, and cleaning requires nothing more than a once-over with a soapy kitchen sponge. Also, the rectangular shape of the pan seems to accomodate large-sized pieces of food better than my former round pan.

My husband and I LOVE this pan! He looks for things to grill just so that he can use it. We're vegetarian and love grilling vegetables and veggie burgers, hotdogs, and sausages. It give food and really nice grilled taste. And it cleans up so easily! It also heats up quickly and requires only medium heat.

I've used a couple of other grill pans from other manufacturers and was never very impressed. But I decided to give it one more try with the All-Clad. What a difference. Everything I've made from fish to vegetables, soy burgers, steaks - everything, has come out great. I've also found that it cleans up easily after a quick soaking. I don't use any spray and only oiled it as per the instructions the first time I used it. Northing sticks. Overall, a great pan I use several times a week.

If you love to grill but don't have the outdoor space to do so, buy this now. I bought a book called "indoor grilling for dummies" becasue I wanted to cook healthier and lose weight. I live in an apartment so grilling (the healthiest easiest way to cook) was out of the question. That was until I bought this. I use if for everything Fish. Steak. Chicken. You name it.

I've owned this grill pan for almost 2 years now and it does a great job of grilling everything from burgers to chicken, fish and thick steaks. It has the ability to heat up to a very high temperature, enabling me to nicely sear the outside of the meat. I can then pop the whole pan in the oven to finish cooking the inside of thick steaks or just to keep warm. As for clean up, the pan does need to sit and soak for a little while but after that, everything comes off with relative ease. No hard scrubbing involved. Overall, I love this product and highly recommend it.

I bought this pan after hearing my sister rave about it. It is terrific. I have grilled salmon, hamburgers, chicken breasts and pork tenderloin. Luckily, my sister gave me the secret to using the pan and easy clean up. Preheat the pan on Medium heat for ten minutes. DO NOT use any cooking spray or oil. This will ruin the pan. When you are done cooking, just fill the pan with soapy water and let soak for a few minutes. Rinse with water, scubbing lightly if necessary .



I would highly recommend this pan. It is like having a grill inside!

I have only owned this item for about 3 weeks and have used it at least 10 times already. What I like about it is that it is big enough to hold just about anything, leaves nice "grill marks", takes less energy and time to heat the pan, and it is very very easy to clean. If you find it hard to clean, it is probably because non-stick spray or even oil (not including butter) is being used. Don't do it. It is already "non-stick". Usually I put any oil that is needed on the meat or veggies first, then cook it. If you have a sticking problem, after cleaning the pan, rub a little soft scrub 0n the spot. This gets rid of any residue that may have caused the sticking to begin with. I think it is better than George Foreman, becuase the fat doesn't drain away which, in the end, saves the flavor.

Since I bought this pan, I use it almost everyday and I've used it to grill just about everything. It's great for burgers, hot dogs, chicken, bacon, and steak. The best part of using it for hot dogs is that it makes the outside nice and crispy and you can lightly toast the bun after cooking the dog without burning it. Also, the square shape allows it to hold a lot at one time.There are a few drawbacks that prevent me from giving it 5 stars. First, there's no good way to drain out the grease while cooking burgers and bacon so it splatters and creates a mess on the stove top. I got one of those screen splatter covers that seems to take care of the problem, however it's round and the pan is square so it still splatters some. The second is that I usually have to open a window in addition to using the hood fan to prevent setting off the smoke detector especially when cooking hot dogs.As for ease of cleaning, I have had to scrub it a bit if I don't wash it right away, but overall, it's pretty easy to keep clean. After the first few times, I stopped coating it with oil and haven't had a problem with anything sticking yet.Overall, I am satisfied with this product and like I said, I use it almost everyday so I'm definately getting my money out of it. - Present - Non-stick'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information