Friday 27 March 2009

Electronic Lock


I was a little afraid that, for the price, this lock would be flimsy and poorly made. I was pleasantly surprised. I installed it myself. It fit right in the space where the old doorknob went, no drilling needed. Being programmable, you have to rely on the manual for instructions. Luckily this is one of the easiest electronic gadgets to set up I have come across. The manual is obviously written by someone for whom English is a second language, but he did a pretty good job. The instructions are JUST understandable. Still, I wish they would spend a few bucks and get a natural english speaker to re-write it. The lock is electronic and depends on batteries to power it, but it gives a specific warning beep when the batteries get low and you have 10 days to change them, standard aaa type. They also give you an emergency power supply you can plug in to the lock to operate it. You can put in up to 10 different codes. All in all I would say it is a great product for the money and could be installed by almost anyone with any mechanical talent at all, especially if you already have a standard type doorknob on your door. Keyless Electronic Digital Door Lock

I shopped around for an electronic door lock that didn't break the bank. Every other manufacturer was nearly double the cost of this lock, and given the fact that it doesn't get a lot of use, I opted for the cheaper variation. Man was I impressed when I opened the box. I thought I'd be getting a cheap feeling, sub-par quality lock that I may or may not have to modify to fit. I was wrong! The lock is incredibly durable, it has a very nice weight, feels great and works incredibly well. You can program a single master code & multiple user access codes that can easily be removed/reset if need be. The master code needs additional steps to be changed, involving disassembling the blank door knob and gaining access to the electronic assembly.



Bottom line is that I was weary of the quality, but once I received the door lock, I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Thanks!

- Update - February 5, 2009. These things are awesome. Bought several around August of last year, and I really love these things. Have had no problems whatsoever. My only gripe is that I wish the whole keypad would light up at night when you push a button, but other than that it's a GREAT product! (I did lose my manual though, so if anyone has one or a copy of the programming info I'd love to get a copy)







I operate a small property management firm and have been looking for ways to increase security to storerooms and off-limits areas; all the while making sure that the door remained locked (we have since installed automatic door closers to complement this lock.



I didn't expect a whole lot from this product with its relatively low price, but I went out on a limb and ordered two--one for our tool room and one for the gardening storage shed. I've come to be friends with our locksmith--who happens to be a master locksmith with quite a bit of knowledge and is always frank with me. He too was skeptical when he looked at the lock, and had not seen one before, and told me that the push button dead bolts cost hundreds of dollars typically (which I knew from research).



He had several things to do around the complex, and to my surprise he told me that the locks were well made, and he was interested in finding out how to get hold of some. We've had no problems with the locks (we have three now, and I'm about to buy more). It's easy to change the codes, and helps protect valuable tools and supplies.



I'd recommend it for anyone in a similar situation. I'd have one on my front door if I didn't already have a Medeco M3 deadbolt installed in antique brass. As much as I'm in and out, it'd be nice to have the door constantly locked.

This is a substantially-built lock. Heavy. Solid -- surprisingly so. Easy to install and easy to program and the light up feature is excellent. The last variant of these digital combo locks I bought (different brand) did not work well below 20 degrees. I am really hoping this one does because everything about it seems great so far.

this is a great product and well worth the $70. very easy to install and it works like a charm. you can set different codes for different users and there is also an encryption tool! great lock! will buy more!

I bought this same lock several years ago, it worked great at first when I installed it, then I started to experience problems with it.



I found out that some of the wires inside became stripped from the normal everyday usage of the knob, I tried to fix it, it was a pain to get it apart from the inside, I managed to locate the stripped wire and corrected the issue, but at the end the lock did not work properly, (was not making the proper contact locking) I'm planning on just getting rid of it and purchasing one that does not require batteries. Like I said at first it work fine, but then the inside wires will fail. The construction is well made, it's just the inside wiring that's the problem.



I bought mine from eBay not Amazon, but regardless after a couple years I don't think you would be able to get a refund.



I still have the User Manual too.

I've been looking into a product like this for a long time now, and they usually start at about ~$130 - so needless to say that when I found one for so cheap (payment+shipping=$94) I was a little skeptical. I ordered it, waited about a week and a half to find out that USPS had lost my first item - I was furious. I contacted the company and ended up being embarrassed at how I acted. They were more than helpful and offered to send me an additional unit at no extra cost, which I really appreciate. Installation was crazy fast (1 Philips head screw driver), I was up and operational in about 10 minutes. Master code is all I need, but I did a quick user programming to see how easy it was - basically a trained monkey could do it! I HIGHLY recommend this item, and this seller!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Electronic Lock Electronic Lock Electronic Lock