Tuesday 31 March 2009

Kindle Screen Protectors


When I was given a Kindle for my birthday (holy cow, best gift ever), I kept it in its plastic wrapping until I could get a screen protector for it. Call me nutty, but I've had to deal with the uphill battle of trying to get every last microscopic speck of stuff off of screens (and failing), so I didn't want to risk it.



What surprised me was the fact that Amazon didn't seem to carry a non-reflective/antiglare screen protector that was also firmer rather than a "film." I've had less than stellar experiences with thin protectors (namely, those suckers ALWAYS peel off around the edges) so I was set on getting a firmer protector. Amazon only seemed to carry the film type ones, and the reviews were (as expected) cruddy. But then, lo and behold, I saw this one from a company in Germany--more expensive, but also firmer, with an antiglare finish. No reviews, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.



Superb! It arrived faster than quoted (I was quoted nearly a month, and it came in about a week) and was relatively easy to apply and position. I got all but a few tiny flecks off, even being OCD about it, and unlike some protectors this doesn't have a permeable gas membrane to make those "disappear." Still, that's not the product's fault.



Only reason I'm giving it four stars is the fit is just fractionally too small; that might be on purpose, to enable removal later. We're talking a space maybe the thickness of two standard paper pages on two edges, so very unnoticeable. We'll see how easily it comes off when it's time to replace it, but I think with the thickness of the protector (really nice) and the non-glare finish, I'm going to get a lot of life out of this. :) FoliX FX-ANTIREFLEX Antireflective screen protector for Amazon Kindle 3 / Kindle3, Kindle-III - Anti-glare screen protection!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Kindle Screen Protectors Kindle Screen Protectors Kindle Screen Protectors