Sunday 29 March 2009

Galaxy Tab Case


This case is very nice and fits the Galaxy Tab very well. However, it is not a Yoobao case as described on this page. It is actually branded as a Kiwi case. Compared to other Yoobao cases it seems about the same in terms of quality. It covers the device well, folds nicely and is made from good quality leather. Embedded magnets keep the flap securely in place when it's folded closed. All in all, a great case! Yoobao Genuine Leather Book Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Arrived on the same day my Galaxy Tab did. Fits very well. I haven't tried to take the Tab out since I put it in, but I'm pretty sure it's never going to fall out accidentally. My two year old son has already dropped my tab on the floor (carpeted fortunately) a few times and this case protected it well. I really wanted a case that didn't add a lot of bulk to the Tab (what's the point of having a handy portable device if you have to double its size in order to protect it?). This case does not add much bulk at all. It feels like I'm carrying around a very thin paperback book or a small notebook or something. Exactly the sort of feel I was going for. There are cutouts so you can access everything on the sides of the Tab. The only slight reservation I would have about recommending this case to anyone would be if it doesn't meet your needs as a stand. You can probably find other cases that provide more stand position options. Occasionally I find myself wanting another position or two, but not often. And then the case would probably have to be bigger and thicker, which I do not want.



Just a couple other random thoughts:

- Another reviewer mentioned he/she got a Kiwi branded case instead of a Yoobao branded one. I also got a Kiwi branded case. It would have been kind of nice if the branding were on the inside of the case instead of on the front cover, but oh, well.

- The cut of the case is a little close to the menu button. Occasionally I'm not sure if my touch has registered on the menu button or not because of the case. Again, not a huge deal, but something to be aware of.

- The cover closes magnetically, not with a snap like some other cases. I wanted a case that closed magnetically vs. one with snaps or some other mechanism, so this was good for me.

I had previously purchased a Yoobao case for iPad from another vendor and I was quite impressed with the quality. This lead me to order what I thought was a Yoobao case for my wife's Galaxy Tab. The case I received is labeled Kiwi. In comparing the quality of the Kiwi case to the Yoobao it is quite comparable, with similar quality stitching and high grade leather. In fact, both brands looks as if they were made by the same manufacturer. I am quite satisfied with the fit and finish of the "Kiwi" case. I have been an Amazon customer for several years now and this is my first product review. I am doing so now because this is first product I have ordered that was incorrectly labeled but I am quite satisfied with my purchase.



Pros:

great professional quality case!



Cons:

Incorrectly labeled.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Galaxy Tab Case Galaxy Tab Case Galaxy Tab Case