Monday 30 March 2009

Plastic Bottles - plastic bottles, kitchen


I had high hopes for these bottles, but I was let down from the first minute. I screwed the cap on and tested them with some water, cap fell off and the water poured all over the place. The issue being the threading on the plastic caps is very loose, one thicker ring and a very loose fitting.



They may be okay for storing things, but flip it upside down and squirt and you've got a mess. I thought I got a defective one and tried another with the exact same result. My goal was to hold simple syrup in them for cocktails but the syrup dumps out into the measuring glass as the top falls off.



Awful product, not even worth the shipping costs.



I had been searching for a container to easily dispense various cooking oils and sauces. These are absolutely perfect! The only drawback is that the cap is not connected so it can be easily lost (which is why I only gave it 4-stars), but I only remove the cap for a few seconds as I give a pan/dish a quick whirl of oil /sauce. Plus, at least the closure is pretty snug, unlike traditional oil bottle pour-spout toppers. The 6 ounce capacity is perfect for sauces because I am rarely making much and the larger sizes would waste so much just lining the bottle. They even make for easy measuring (sure beat the crappy pour spouts on olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles) and never spill or waste.

I bought these to put my week's allotment of olive oil in because they are small and I hoped the pointy tip would allow for controlled dispensing. They do work for me but I have to keep a paper towel wrapped around the bottle and held in place with a rubber band. I don't know if it leaks from where the cap threads on to the bottle or what but even when I wiped the bottle carefully after each use it would still be oily next time I picked it up. When I first got them and was washing them I put water in, screwed on the cap, put a fingertip over the spout and squeezed and no water leaked so it's a mystery how the oil finds its way out. Anyway, I'm happy with the paper towel set-up.

I agree with other posters that they are quite flimsy, so that the top can come off if using them as squeeze bottles form decoration. I cut a larger hole in the tube, and was using something not too thick, so they did serve the purpose, and they are cheap.

Love these plastic decorating bottles. I've used them for adding sour cream on top of soups, but not yet for anything else. They worked perfectly for that, so I assume they would work with anything else too.

The bottle works fine, once you are able to screw on the not terribly smooth screw top. The only real problem is that the closure is a small plastic tip. I could imagine it falling and disappearing forever. Other bottles of this sort have a closure connect to the bottle itself. - Plastic Bottles - Squeeze Bottle - Kitchen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • kitchen
  • ,
  • plastic bottles
  • ,
  • squeeze bottle