Sunday 29 March 2009

Telephoto Lens - telephoto lens, leica lens


I was a bit concerned after reading some not so great comments about this lens. In fact, many suggested to buy a used 90mm Elmarit instead. I am sorry, but I do not agree. This is a fantastic lens. Some have also criticized the construction quality of the lens... here again, I must disagree. This lens is all Leica.. in construction and in image quality. In fact, I like the rubber focus ring. And lets be realistic... one buys a Leica lens for its image quality... and here this lens excels. The only thing missing is the built in hood... all else is great. Leica 90mm / f2.5 Black (E46)

I primarily shoot with a 50mm 1.4 Summilux and 35 f2 Summarit. I wanted something with a little more reach, but did not want to spend the money for an f/2 Leica. This lens is perfect. Nice weight, balances well with my M9-P, and MP. Quality built. Only down side is that you need to buy the lens hood separately. Sharp rendition of images with very nice bokeh when you shoot wide open. A light weight lens that performs, and hits a very nice price point in the Leica world. - Telephoto Lens - Leica Lens'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information